1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Treasure Hunting] Noob Question Davies Locker

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by Seelendolch, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Seelendolch

Seelendolch Adventurer

Hello, most helpful and revered stratics posters! Prithee, help a noob out! Just wondering if i can use someone else's davies locker? I.e. the gm of the guild i am in has one, if i have my own map, and if she lets me, can i use the davies locker she has to decode my map?

2. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

If access is set to allow you to add your map, yes - but you won't be able to tell your maps from other maps, other than it's the last one added. It won't give you an exact location and only shows a location at all if you have read the map. Davies Locker doesn't decode maps. It shows approximate co-ordinates for maps that have been read, to characters who have the skill to read them.
    As an example, if I check my Davies Locker with my tamer it shows decoded and not decoded maps, but no co-ordinates, because she didn't, and can't read them.

Seelendolch, Zuckuss and Riyana like this.
  3. Seelendolch

Seelendolch Adventurer

Well thats really good :) so if i have the right level cartography, say for example with 90 cartography i think i could decode my friends level 5 map, but not a level 6. So if i read the map, then put it in the locker, it will give me approx co-ords? Thanks for the help :)

4. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Seelendolch likes this.