1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Noob question from an old player

Discussion in 'UHall' started by NilByMouth, Sep 3, 2009.

1. NilByMouth

NilByMouth Guest

Hi all,

I'm looking to get back into UO after a gap of a mere 9 years!

I have an old account (lapsed after 2nd Age expansion). All the old characters seem to have been wiped (but there is one character on the account which I think I created when I restarted the account very brifely). The account is 34 months old and has some freebie gifts unclaimed on it.

I've also just started a new trial account.

Looking at the account info, the trial account seems to be enabled for more expansions than the original account.

Should I ditch the old account or can I upgrade it for the expansions (if so how and how much)?

I can't find anything useful in Mythic Stores or UO Gamecodes that covers expansions - I guess I'm looking in the wrong places!

Thanks for any replies.

2. Berethrain

Berethrain Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Welcome back! You can upgrade your account. Check this sight out. It may help.

http://www.uoherald.com/uoml/

P.S. don't throw anything away. ^^

PM me if you have questions. By the way, what shard are you on?

3. Bobar

Bobar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Like the man says dont throw anything away - if you have been gone that long it is possible you have some items which are now classed as rares - sewn by clothing etc.

Also you can update it to Mondains for free now.

4. NilByMouth

NilByMouth Guest

Thanks for the welcome. :)

I'm looking for an "upgrade your account" option. Following the "UO Game Code" link gets me to a "UO 11th year Collection" page.

Does the 11th year collection cover all the expansion upgrades? (All it seems to talk about is various housing items ...)

Sorry if I'm being dim!

BTW I'm in Europe - on Europa.

5. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

6. NilByMouth

NilByMouth Guest

OK, I need to explore some more. What was worrying me was on the "My Account" "Subscription Info" page, it shows "UO: Mondain's Legacy Registration | Not Registered" (along with many other "Not Registered" things).

However, there is a "UO Renaissance Registration | Registered" - perhaps that covers all?

7. Zayin666

Zayin666 Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I would also go for the old account as you will sooner be able to ride ethereal mounts (3 year veteran rewards).
    So save those veteran rewards till your account is 36 months old :)

8. Berethrain

Berethrain Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

If you get on Great Lakes I can help you get started again.

9. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Dunno if registration pages been updated since they made all expansions free.Best way to know if you have acess to all is when you can make a Elf character at the character creation screen.

10. NilByMouth

NilByMouth Guest

Nice test - elf created. Thanks!

11. Ni-

Ni- Guest

I was about to warn you that quite a bit has changed since T2A. However, it sounds like you've already created a character, so that may already be obvious!

Good luck!

:D