1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Noob question: What did I purchase?

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by pdkc, Jul 26, 2009.

1. pdkc

pdkc Guest

Hi,

I just decided to give the 14-day free trial a try. However, I had to purchase a package called "Ultima Online: Mondain's Legacy + 14 days free trial".

So let me get this straight, I bought Mondain's Legacy and all the previous expansions as well, and received 14 days of free game time?

IMO it's not much of a free trial then? In my Subscription information (when logged into EA's account management) it just says "Ultima Online" followed by a big list of unregistered products. I think this is all a bit confusing. How do I register them without the codes which are supposed to be in a manual? :wall:

In-game I can't access some features since I'm a "free trial player". Is this fixed once the trial expires and I actually pay for my game time?

Thanks for any clarifications.

2. Konge

Konge Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

The free trial is game days, it sounds like you still bought the client, There was,a t one point in time, a free Mondains legacy client for new players you could download to make the trial completely free. When you begin to pay for the game, the free trial restrictions will vanish, or they're meant to. They were added recently and might be glitchy for all I know. If you put in the Mondain's Legacy account creation code, you'll have registed all previous expansions (not counting aniversary or other special expansions that give bonus items for purchasing them, such as 7th ani, 8th ani, 9th ani. Ect.) So the expansions will be activated once the code is put in, for clarification the expansions are

The second age
    Blackthrone's revenege
    Age of Shadows
    Samurai Empire
    Mondain's Legacy

Those are in order and I might have missed one

3. pdkc

pdkc Guest

Whoa, talk about bad timing. ML is free now. :cursing:

4. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Well, technically, what you bought was the current entry level game... if you contact support, you MIGHT be able to persuade them to have you set up for Stygian Abyss, but don't hold your breath.