1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Noob Samurai weapon skill question.

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Jickler, Aug 19, 2009.

1. Jickler

Jickler Guest

Hey, I'm coming back to the game after a few years, so the answer to this question is probably really obvious to everyone except me.

I want to run this template for PvM:

120 swords
    120 parry
    120 bushido
    100 tactics
    100 anatomy
    90 healing
    70 chiv

However, I have an old warrior character with maxed Fencing as opposed to Swords, and I was wondering if this template would work just as well if I elected to keep Fencing instead. I was also wondering if it would be viable with Maces.

Thanks!

2. Freelsy

Freelsy Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

3. Ansio

Ansio Guest

I am not 100% sure. But I think it works. I do know I run that template with mace, and I like it just fine.

4. Diomedes Artega

Diomedes Artega Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Yes it won't matter what weapon skill you use. You are all set since you have the 90+ tactics skill requirement for weapon specials that changed while you have been away.

5. Jickler

Jickler Guest

Thanks for all the helpful responses!

6. RichDC

RichDC Guest

It works very vell with fencing,

The leafblade will be the weapon of choice for you, with feint(half damage for 4seconds...i think) and armour ignore.

7. Jickler

Jickler Guest

Cool, and would I be correct in thinking that the recommended stat layout for this template in pvm (unmodified by stat scroll or gear) would be 100 str/ 100 dex/ 25 int?

8. Diomedes Artega

Diomedes Artega Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I don't give stat advise because simply you can get many things from modifications on your armor, clothing, talismans, etc. As long as you end up with over 100 STR after getting cursed and a mana pool of at least 60, you will do just fine.

Since you plan on using healing, you will want overall dexterity of 140.