1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Closed Normal Grey Stratics Forum Style

Discussion in 'Stratics Help and Suggestions' started by Escaflowne, Jul 19, 2015.

1. Escaflowne

Escaflowne Crazed Zealot
    Governor Stratics Veteran

Hello there, can I please suggest that you re introduce the normal grey Stratics style. It is the one I have always used as it's easy on the eyes. I like my forums simple with minimal colours as I find it better to read :) I have always used that style and with the new introduction of this blue steel style, that one and others has now dissapeared leaving us only with the option of the UO Classic and the Blue style which I'm not a fan of either.

Thank you for your time :)

Ron Bron likes this.
  2. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

Thanks for starting the thread here, and thanks @Barian for point the initial post out.

I do want to give you some feedback on this, we've already have been discussing bring back a light color theme to replace those removed as well as a very outdated and UO Classic. When we did a poll some time back we found that UO Classic and the Dark (Quark) theme on the site were the most commonly used, and it was decided to update the Dark Theme first. But I wanted to let you know it's already being discussed, and while I can't give you an answer as to if and when, I thought you'd like to know it's been looked at.

Escaflowne likes this.
  3. hirikawa

hirikawa Journeyman

UO Classic could be updated but not removed. Some people hate reading light text on dark background. UO Classic have black letters on brown backgrounds and that works perfectly fine.

DJAd and Ron Bron like this.
  4. Escaflowne

Escaflowne Crazed Zealot
    Governor Stratics Veteran

Thank you for your reply :) Told me what I needed to know!

5. Kats

Kats Visitor

Yuck this new look hurts eyes. I'd rather have the way it used to be. I don't believe I will be using
    Stratics page much anymore. Can't find stuff like I could before. I know change is supposed to be good, but
    this one not for me !
    I'm sure others may like it. That's fine. This is just my personal opinion. :)

6. Ron Bron

Ron Bron Former President
    VIP Contributor Alumni

We are working on a darker, grey background.

7. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Could we have a lighter background with darker text option also if UO Classic is going?

8. Ron Bron

VIP Contributor Alumni

We are looking into options for that.

DJAd likes this.
  9. Kats

Kats Visitor

The darker page isn't what I like. I agree with DJAd..... A lighter background with a darker lettering
    is what I would prefer. The dark background is what hurts my eyes.
    Having the ability to toggle between a light theme, and a dark theme would be ideal.

Ron Bron likes this.
  10. Ron Bron

VIP Contributor Alumni

Done! Thanks for the suggestion!

Escaflowne likes this.