1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Nosey buggers

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Mervyn, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Mervyn

Mervyn Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I dislike that people on the EC can see the jewles and armor i'm wearing when i chose to cover them up.

I especially dislike that pincos client tells people that i'm corpse proof. I want them to discover that when they try it.

2. A Thought Elemental

A Thought Elemental Journeyman

Your sig.

I think that's just lazy. Your guild's gotta cover it 24/7 if you wanna be the one dominating it all.

(And without cams nowadays, I have heard... :> . Not saying your guild ever did cams, I have no idea - - just saying in general).

3. Wizal the Fox

Stratics Veteran

Actually a good idea would be the ability to toggle on/off the fact that others can see the properties of anything that you wear, much like you can do it with titles.

4. Kellgory

Kellgory Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah I hate it when people keep try to peek at my jewels too.

5. virtualhabitat

virtualhabitat Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I like looking at other peoples jewels, it turns me on -alot!

If I catch someone looking at mine I always ask if I can see theirs too.

Anyone ever curious, I have a couple of nice baubles you can gander if you ask naughty.

6. Kayne

Kayne Guest

:lol: ROFL at both of you. Turned yet another useless post into something fun

7. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

:lol::lol::lol: OMG and I thought my comment about Poles and Crabs was a hoot!....

8. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Dito that. :lol:

9. Kayne

Kayne Guest

I had to go looking and :lol: :lol: :lol: you managed to make two fantastic comments about poles

10. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

:blushing: :lol: (We need a new smiley for "Dies!".)

But OMG you are right...... LOL that's too funny!

11. PsychoKinetic

PsychoKinetic Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

All kidding aside...

I love Pinco's UI when I use the new client but Mervyn makes a good point. The UI should not be pre-announcing an opponent's stats or abilities.

12. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager
    Editor Reporter Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Editor Fallen Lords

Just out of curiousity...

It seems the greater UO Population wants to make UO just like every other MMO out there.

As far as I know, in most of them..at least the ones I've seen, this is in there.

Heck WoW has an entire PAGE where you can see gear, armor rating, stats, kills...in the other MMO I play you can *Examine* other players to see gear and stats.

I think it helps, maybe help someone figure out a particular build, things like that.

Makes sense to me.

13. Woodsman

Woodsman Guest

Kill them while they are studying your jewels and armor.

14. Felonious Monk

Stratics Veteran

^Likes^

15. aarons6

aarons6 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

this is nothing new..
    in the old client there is a script that does the same thing that everyone uses..
    at least with the EC its legal.

the scripters that everyone complains about dont just gather resources.

16. Mervyn

Mervyn Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

On a more serious note, I use spreadsheets and complex algorithms to come up with the best PvP suits, I don't mind sharing the blue prints with my friends, however it does annoy me when my enemies turn up wearing the same clothes, we just clash.

17. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Gee wiz we have a few and i do mean a few ways to set up a suit and jewels. So what if someone is wearing "your" set up.... who said you didnt copy them. or worse yet have the same idea at the same time.............. good gravy grow up. Use of the same items has no determination of how a combat will come out. Its your skill with that setup that counts.

No two people think the same or react the same.... unless your twins. Equipment though its the same is not the real downfall its the user.