1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Not a newb, but new to poisoning...pls help

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by Xenobia, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Xenobia

Xenobia Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I am creating a poisoner for the first time (its the only skill i've never mastered) sooo my ? is...what other skills do I stick on her? I don't pvp, but would like to do more things with her other than just poison stuff :) Thanks for any help you can give! X

2. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Ninja or Archery maybe? Then you have the option of Serpent Arrow's for archer and Shuriken's for ninja.

There is also the infectious strike special move that uses poison.

Xenobia likes this.
  3. Acid Rain

Acid Rain Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Nox mages throwing out deadly poison fields on mobs while doing area spells is wicked.
    For PvM at champ spawns its HIGHLY effective & nearly wipes out all 1, 2, and 3rd levels.
    My personal favorite is a combo nox mage spellweaver. Drop fields and some summons,
    arm a slayer spellbook, and start casting essence of wind(with a lvl 6 focus) and you'll be
    wondering why monsters don't respawn faster.

My tweaked template also uses necro, runs in wraith form, & never runs out of mana.

Xenobia likes this.
  4. Xenobia

Xenobia Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Cool! Thanks guys. Wow, a nox mage for pvm?! I think that's the one I'm gonna go for. Sounds like it could be alot of fun if its tweaked just right. Ya'll are awesome and I appreciate the helpful info!

5. Xenobia

Xenobia Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Acid Rain, I would love to know your template in its entirety :)

6. Xenobia

Xenobia Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Any "dumbed down" pvm nox mage templates out there? still not sure how to spread the skills out. Thanks!

7. Xenobia

Xenobia Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I found this...How does it sound?
    120 Mage (+20 mage on crystalline, -20 on mage wep) = 120
    120 Resist
    120 Eval Int
    100 Focus (+20 focus on crystalline) = 120
    120 Mystic
    80 Poison
    60 Necro

8. Acid Rain

Acid Rain Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Been out of town since Dec. 15th & haven't checked Stratics or played UO. I'll take a look at my guys exact template and let you know asap. A lot of it is in his suit if I remember correctly. Stuff like midnight bracers for the necro bonus, the talisman with spirit speak and necro bonus, and a ring with +30 skills points. He uses and orny & inquiz gloves for the casting speed since the ring is full of other stuff. Just got home so I'll try to post details soon as I can.

In case anyone was wondering, the powder in Utah was 2 feet deep with hardly no other tracks on the mountain :) Hope everyone had an awesome Xmas and best wishes to all for an uber great New Year !