1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

not enough time

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Lord Drakelord, Sep 20, 2009.

1. the clockwork assemby quest, the timer needs to be longer you lag out during the quest and its over before you can complete it. I tried 5 times and I am giving up now since I lag out during the quest db cking on the stuff in the camp.

[​IMG]

2. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

It's hard but I did it on the 3rd or 4th try. Once you sort of know where everything is its much easier. If its too slow, it might as well not be there.

3. It Lives

It Lives Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I managed to do it 3 times now, and I'm fairly old.

4. Kiminality

Kiminality Guest

Took me a few times to get it right, but now I can do it most of the time without too much trouble.
    The timer feels right to me. Fast enough that you have to be fleet on your feet, but slow enough to accommodate the odd mistake.

Lag, however, would be an outside influence. Although a factor in the interaction with the timer, not an issue with the timer itself.

5. Kri

Kri Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I agree. It took me a few tries but now that I'm fairly comfortable with where everything's at I can do it pretty consistently. If there's a timer that's too short, my vote is for the color puzzle in the experimental room... ugh.

6. hehe.. i liked the timer one in the colored puzzle room..

I only fail once or twice before i get me prize

7. Poo

Poo The Grandest of the PooBah’s
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor 4H

i failed a few times.
    then once i sat down and had a look see where everything was i had no problem.
    i fired it off a couple times in a row and got books for myself and a few extra's

i agree with the above posters.
    take some time, get to know where all the stuff is.

also.
    i was fortunate.
    the NPC quest giver was close enough i had his bar up while in the room.
    i have seen that sucker as far away as the bridge of late.
    id hate to make that run to start the quest, hahaha.

8. Fink

Fink Guest

I lagged pretty bad, took me quite a number of times to get through it. I found it easier to walk than run. Finding the stuff was easy enough, although some of the clues are misleading, eg: "copper" is apparently copper wire, not copper ingots.

I don't think the quest timer starts until you use the clockwork you're given.

9. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I can't do the quest. My memory isn't good enough.

But of the two people I tried it with, one person took 4 tries to do it successfully, and the other person did it correctly the first time, every time.

My conclusion is: The timer is about perfect, but I need to upgrade myself.