1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Not sure why I never got around to posting this: My UO Tattoo

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Extra Value Meal, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Yes, yes, usual things aside. I had this thing for about 4-5 years now, but for some reason I never got around to showing the Devs of this game or the forum community.

I still love UO, just not enough for me to come back to it. Certainly wouldn't mind a classic shard, but that's not the purpose of this thread.

Here it is:

[​IMG]

or linkified - Here

2. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Now that's devotion.

3. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I have no words.

4. canary

canary Guest

That's a tattoo, for sure.

Not what I would personally get on my body, but for what it is, it is well done.

5. LetheGL

LetheGL Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

What he said.

6. I have one...

It has three letters. It starts with an L, ends with an L and has an O in the middle.

:lol:

7. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

8. Freelsy

Freelsy Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

OK I've looked at this like 5 times and I think it's a shoulder. But I can't see any definition of bone/muscle to know for sure. Plus it looks like it bends at an awkward point. WTF body part is this? lol

9. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

I'm guessing Knee

10. What if he says it's neither? :party:

11. Violence

Violence Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Re: My UO Tattoo

Despite the impossible, R'Lyeh-ish geometry if I may call it that.. I do believe it's their left shoulder. :mf_prop:

I think the arm-pit and a bit of that area's body hair is visible and while it does not appear to be well-defined or muscular enough to tell, the top right resembles a person's back. And from what I can see, it would be impossible to be their knee due to clothing and angle. The strange angle of the arm and lack of more than average definition could possibly be attributed to constantly retaining a certain position, best serving certain functions such as using a PC for more than 10Hrs in a row..

Do I get my "Anatomy +1.0"? :grouphug:

@AtlanteanAngel : I don't think we would want to know if that was the case... The implications are scary.

@Extra Value Meal : Nicely done, all jokes aside!

12. I have a wee version of the UO symbol tatooed on my, um, inner thigh. :)

Not nearly as big as that, and no eye...but it is there, plain as the day God made me.

13. jack flash uk

jack flash uk Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

We need a photo;)

14. Harlequin

Harlequin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Re: My UO Tattoo

I agree, it's his upper arm. He's pushing the back of his inner arm to show the full tattoo better, so there's a bit of distortion.

The guys' nick is "Extra Value Meal", so you gotta expect a bit of extra meat :D

Nice tattoo, EVM, but I can't help thinking "good thing it wasn't a tattoo of his ex-girlfriend's name".

15. Harlequin

Harlequin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

/signed
    /signed
    /signed

:postpics:

16. Not gonna happen...

...sorry :)

17. tiara1971

tiara1971 Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Great tattoo...... as for where is my guess the knee cause thats a hand next to it :)

18. jack flash uk

jack flash uk Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

then, I don't think you have one, I think your lying!

19. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I bet your husband is a UO fan, even if he's never played a day in his life. :lol:

20. [JD]

[JD] Guest

it is strange with how prominant and striking that tattoo is, all i can wonder is what human body part could that even be?

im guessing left shoulder/arm, but im not certain. could be a knee. a baby's knee that hasn't developed wrinkles. did someone tatt their baby?

21. Thanks for the responses. As some have already guessed, the tat is on my upper left arm. It looks like just a hunk of meat because someone photobombed the left part of the pic so I cropped it out. I didn't want to flex the muscle either as that would distort it a little.

Extra Value Meal was the name of my Thief on Atlantic way back in the day. Too be honest, I have no idea why I chose that name. Felt catchy at the time.

22. RawHeadRex

RawHeadRex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

epic tat sir... if i may be bold, gotta shade the dragon skin green to contrast the UO vs. the eye.