1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Note to team on Brittle vs. non-repairable

Discussion in 'UHall' started by GalenKnighthawke, Nov 20, 2011.

1. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Just a note to team on brittle vs. non-repairable.

Many of us assumed that non-repairable also meant brittle or otherwise non-PoF-able.

Based on the fact that I just saw a weapon that was non-repairable, non-cursed, and had 255 top durability, I'd say that such is not the case.

(If these items can spawn with 255 top durability please let me know! But I haven't seen that yet.)

If the intent of the Shame items was that they (most of them anyway) be really powerful but not permanent (and of course randomly determined rather than the surety of Imbuing), then this consequence breaks that intent.

These items will last forever, they will merely be very expensive to maintain.

(If I'm right, of course, and that item didn't spawn with 255 top durability.)

-Galen's player

2. Warpig Inc

Warpig Inc Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

There has been a PoF shortage with imbuing. In a few short months after imbuing PoF shot up few 100k. Some templates will be able to get away with armor. Still weapons and dexer pieces will be costly. Ahh the jars of white powder habit dealing at the bank.

3. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

I believe the item you saw was spawned with 150 durability then enhanced with Dull Copper which doubles the durability (max 255)

4. GalenKnighthawke

Stratics Veteran

Oh yes, surely they will be very expensive to maintain!

But they will be maintain-able.

And if the intent was that they not be so, then it's a bug.

If the intent was that they are maintainable, but it'll be rough going and if your shard ever has a PoF shortage its "life" is endangered? Well, then it's working.

:)

-Galen's player

5. GalenKnighthawke

Stratics Veteran

Neat; thank you.

-Galen's player

6. Warpig Inc

Warpig Inc Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Found those Lava weapons enhance to 255 also. Brittle.