1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Notice from Draconi

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Luka Melehan, Feb 5, 2009.

1. Luka Melehan

Luka Melehan Certifiable
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Campaign Patron

2. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

wtf? how bout a warning before posting a link with about a gazillion posts on it already?!?!?!

3. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable

I'm all for it. No "Trial accounts" should have access to our shard especially!! This shard WAS meant for veterans in the first place!

4. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Hrmm... Any other thoughts from the vets?

5. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable

Are there any vets left other than me??!!?!?

6. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

Define vet? If six years makes me a noob so be it.

7. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable

Compared to the 10+ years i've been here, than yes. You're barely an adolescent :)

8. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

I really like the idea of trials not being able to "ghost". Voting in factions should be forbidden as well.

9. Black magick

Black magick Guest

10. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable

Wouldn't this correct any problems with ghost cams? Not that anyone here uses ghost cams in the first place on trial accounts anyways.

11. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

Right...

12. Idahoan

Idahoan Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I'd define vet as 6-12 months minimum.

13. Spree

Spree Babbling Loonie

Trial account should be allowed here If I get friend that wants to play why should they waste 6 months playing a trammy shard?

14. Black magick

Black magick Guest

yes, but in comparison to many other things that could be fixed using their time instead. It's irrelevant. The place where this is a big issue is on prodo shards. But it won't change a thing. Most people have second, third, etc. accounts, I doubt it will hurt so much to put one character toward your guilds ghost cams.

15. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable

Trial account were meant for a "taste" of the game. Not for someone to come and log onto a shard that was "meant" for players that have had enough of trammy land and wish to get a feel of what it means to really play UO.

16. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable

Show me a crimson cloak/robe vet reward being worn and i'll show you a vet :)

17. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

Lest we get way off... Seriously, how so you feel temp accounts should be able to interact?

18. HaHa

HaHa Guest

How else am I going to be able to get ghost cams dude, sheesh.

19. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

Care too elaborate?

20. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable

Getting ghost cams 101:
    First: Pay for an account.
    Second: Create a character
    Third:Log into game a release your newbie status. (your still a newbie BTW)
    Forth:Kill your lame ass
    Five:Go sit at a champ area or where ever the hell you want
    Six:Make a bag of popcorn and sit in front of your computer waiting for someone to run by so you can get excited and call all you friends over to help gank the unsuspecting fool that thinks there are no ghost cams in the area
    Seven: Come to the boards and post about how awesome you are!!!

21. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

*smiles*

22. Spree

Spree Babbling Loonie

If you read the whole post this isn't the fix for ghost cams

http://vboards.stratics.com/showpost.php?p=1094661&postcount=11

23. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable

Sorry Spree i didn't read the entire post (refer back to my original post). Most of us here know how long anything takes to get fix'd here so when it happens i prolly won't be playin much anymore cause i just cant hold my breath that long.

24. Spree

Spree Babbling Loonie

25. nightstalker22

nightstalker22 Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I havent read the thread on the link, but the easy fix is to make it so that ghosts can only see wandering healers and landscape, and they can still show themselves to people, or remain invisible.

There should be a five minute window after death before view is limited, so you could still see whats going on for the five minutes, then you cant even see monsters.

If you could see the monsters, you could see the monsters dying, and then you'd know someone was there killing them, even if you cant see them directly.

26. HooderSP

HooderSP Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

The best part of that whole long post was the fact that they are going to un-nerf the bag of sending. I dont think trial accnts are a problem here anyway.

27. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable

I could be mistaken here, but i thought BoS's were one of the bigger problems. Scriptors usin them to get mass amounts of resources into the bank too easily.

28. Bruin

Bruin Guest

I like it. I don't think people should be able to use a trial account for abuse to supplement an active account via owning a home and resource exploitation or gathering.

I think trial accounts should be allowed on Siege - lets be honest, siege isn't a 'vet' shard, its a shard for people who don't like Tram and anything associated with it. By all means, let someone who wants to try out UO but not Tram test the waters on Siege. Siege needs more fresh blood, the last thing we want to do is cut off a source of potential new players.

29. Soap Bubble

Soap Bubble Visitor

I believe the point is to give a new player a "taste" of the game while allowing paying customers access to all thats avalible. Simply allow non-paying players only access to Trammel/felucca top land. No access to dungeons or T2A or Malas. This keeps them out of almost everyones hair, allows them to get a Taste, and allows them to interact with other players that want to do so. Simple!

30. T'Challa

T'Challa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I bolded the part where your logic fails. There's a guy at my work that plays Pacific, and he gets friggin texts from his cams when a spawn is at 4th level...

It's all automated, that's the problem. Ghosting a spawn is one thing, automating it is another thing entirely.

31. Memnoch

Memnoch Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

How else is KOC going to be able to make witty seasons greatings cards? Sheesh?

<Insert photobucket image here>

32. Patty Pickaxe

Patty Pickaxe Certifiable

QFT!!

33. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

I also did not read that entire thread over there. Question is though IF they would permit trial accts. here, would a true new customer utilising a *UO EA trial account* even SEE Siege Perilous on their list of shards ?? Also I do not think a true new customer would even yet know that UO has a trammel and feluccan ruleset. They would have to try it find out about it all, discover that there were two rulesets etc. and then SEE Siege on their shard list probably from the get go as brand new trial customer ..to ever end up on Siege at all.

For those whom get *trial accts* as 'vets'...well we KNOW to denounce our young status and so on and so forth a true new player would not know this and maybe only hear Siege even exits after their new status wore off when Siege showed up for them finally.......or hearsay from others. . to get here. Chances are it IS only the Vets whom abuse *trial subscriptions* to begin with though not a brand new customer they would be kinda clueless about ghost cams or anything else like property housing etc. concepts...least not the way WE know it all. :)

So a true new customer player on trial accts. probably would not even see Siege on the shards list............ to know we exist here to get here. So unless or until EA UO shows Siege right up there with ALL the shards for brand new customers, trial or not they won't even see Siege on their list of Shards.

34. Hera - Siege

Hera - Siege Lore Master

*raises hand*

But barely... I'm in the ebb phase, not the flow.

Since day 1 and then the 'redo' day 1 on day 8. Haven't played anything but Siege.

35. Hera - Siege

Hera - Siege Lore Master

F+ on the logic.

So if I'm an experienced player who wants to play Siege, but I decide to purchase a second account to have a house here, I can't login into Siege because I'm not a 'vet?'

And yes, I can transfer the existing house to the new account and place with old account on Siege, but then you run into issues of co-ownership/etc with the house. Plus if it doesn't work out and you want to cancel the 'Siege account' you have to swap again.

People have become too wrapped up in what Siege 'means' and less concerned over what Siege needs, which is population growth. Although as I stated in another thread, I don't think you can rely on new accounts for population. And those thinking that SA is going to revitalize the franchise, I hope you're right, but I'll remain pessimistic as EA has done little to bring a shelf presence to KR, or recent expansions.

36. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

There's a misunderstanding here. These proposals relate to 'trial accounts', that's the 15 day things, they don't relate to purchased new accounts that are on their 'free month' that is actually part of the purchase price.

37. Bruin

Bruin Guest

Correct, which brings me to another point - when you start as a brand new player, you SHOULD have the option of playing on Siege, but have Siege classified differently - Much like other games where you can chose a pvp realm versus a non-pvp realm. Think of Siege as the non consensual pvp realm, and prodo shards as a consensual pvp realm.