1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Now that change has happened , Any chance of ???

Discussion in 'UHall' started by kennykilleduo, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Would there be a better or worse chance of making a server with different rules:

Examples:

1. Chaos shard ( no rules , no guards , no insurance)
    2. Non expansion shard : ( just tramm and fel)
    3. Crazy shard : (Everything is opposite )
    4. Free Shard : ( Everything is free)
    5. Free shard part 2 : ( very basic shard , and is free to use , no charges )

NOTE : <font color="red"> This is not a Classic Shard Post </font> ........ [​IMG]

2. Guest

Guest Guest

6. .....*whispers so the mods wont hear* .... classic... server....

3. Guest

Guest Guest

I like the crazy shard ... imagine a super-dragon is grey as a bear is now. It would NOT attack you unless provoked. But goats, chickens, bears and stuff would be hostile to you. That could be fun - for a bit.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

2. Non expansion shard : ( just tramm and fel) !!

5. I think Draconi and team could come up with some really unique ideas , would be interesting just to see it tested beyond the already used theme shards.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

2. Non expansion shard : ( just tramm and fel) !!

[/ QUOTE ]

*whispers* that could have powerscrolls... a real classic shard wouldn't...

7. everything but a classic classic shard request ... though technically #1 &amp; #5 ARE "classic" retro(classic) shard's ...
    just without the name [​IMG]

ALL suffer from : new ruleset to maintain ... [​IMG] ... but but but won't "need maintenence" ... [​IMG] &lt;&lt; that wont stop/prevent denie REQUESTS for "JUST one more tweak, adjustment ... feature "A-z" that I thought would be there but that the devs missed ...."

2/5ths (#4 #5) suffer from [​IMG] no money for EA

#3 just sounds cute ... but ... full implentation would require everyone script unattended (to be considered legit) AND give signed(RL name ssn), taxes prepaid, rl$ to every other shards rl players ... [​IMG]

#2 Tram WAS part of an expansion ... (Ultima Online: Renaissance (April 3, 2000))

1. Chaos shard ( no rules , no guards , no insurance)
    2. Non expansion shard : ( just tramm and fel)
    3. Crazy shard : (Everything is opposite )
    4. Free Shard : ( Everything is free)
    5. Free shard part 2 : ( very basic shard , and is free to use , no charges )

hummmph! on further examination ... NOT a new idea ...collection of pieces from a LOT of the dead horses ...Possibly first time in that particular order ...

nnnnnnn

no

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Psst... T2A was already an expansion, Renaissance even more...
    Just sayin'

9. Fay: It's an idea , sure not new but we are under new management , things change unlike your silly posts , move along........

To Magdalene , Hmm I guess it was my morning haze , time for 3rd cup of coffee.. [​IMG]

10. <blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

That's all I ask for...

11. AlanofCats

AlanofCats Guest

The free shard would be great for trial accounts. Have them start there. Then when they want to pay they can xfer to a production shard.

Edited to add that they can xfer with normal start items, nothing else.

12. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

id love to see it too but too much coding/work, and they are oh so ever busy this last decade. Pretty sad

13. Dol'Gorath

Dol'Gorath Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Pub 15 with BOD's removed and no further dev interference, ever.

That's all.

14. Babble

Babble Guest

I go for 4-5 to see what that would bring

15. Iam with the rest on Classic Shard... Oh the ol days were fun. NO ps or ss or bod,s hehe now that would be fun..

16. I look to this idea as a change of pace from the everyday normal UO , Just to try something diffrent.

17. Dalamos

Dalamos Guest

How about a hobo shard?

Only house that you can get...TENTS!

18. Guest

Guest Guest

Doubtful.

As fun as it would be to see odd rulesets to shards (non-magic shard, KR only shard, 2d only shard, etc), the hardware to run them plus having to deal with separate codesets for each different shard (ask them about the annoyance of just making sure they keep Siege in mind) pretty much shoot down the idea of shards with odd tweaks to the rules or settings.

19. <blockquote><hr>

The free shard would be great for trial accounts. Have them start there. Then when they want to pay they can xfer to a production shard.

Edited to add that they can xfer with normal start items, nothing else.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't we already have this? I thought it was called... Test Center...

and btw, I think trial accounts should only have access to Test Center...

20. Guest

Guest Guest

At the risk of sounding flammable, I think that Siege shows the dangers of setting up servers catering to varying rulesets.

In a way, the concept is too successful ... the variant shards will develop their own cultures, their own needs and desires and it leads to a constant desire for attention to server-specific issues, something that devs and GMs and other staff can't always provide.

I'm not saying I'm opposed to the ideas - I'd love to see everyone get their own perfect world - I just think one has to be realistic about what the costs and consequences of getting these special servers would be on the game as a whole.

21. Uh forget that guy above me, we dont want catering, We simply want the things fixed that spilled into our world. We are the closest thing to a "classic shard" and we want a few fixes to quell some of the BS that goes on, and on that note before creating new shards to deprive, they should fix Siege.

You have the nerve to say catering? How would like it if they made a patch just for siege that got rid of insurence and took 2 years to fix, that would be catering to your needs? You should watch your tongue, we simply want some attention as UOs crazy child, they have created something awesome and we are simply trying to get them to put some effort into it, one day you will get tired of those boring lands and you will come to Siege, everyone will one day. We all after all, the best UO has to offer.

22. <blockquote><hr>

one day you will get tired of those boring lands and you will come to Siege, everyone will one day. We all after all, the best UO has to offer

[/ QUOTE ] .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Its not about Siege, its about something new. Based on the new so called mangement , I think this area of the game should be re considered.

We as the player base need to grow and expand , by not adding new or creative ideas ( if its new shard types , skill , tools , plants , crafter items ,ect) to the plate , this game will die a slow death..

Look over a few of these threads on this site: See what some players are wanting.

http://mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/forum/355

23. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto.

Even if it was close to the same, it would be good enough.