1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

now that gypsy camps are upgraded.....

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Alvinho, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Alvinho

Alvinho Great Lakes Forever!
    Stratics Veteran

Now that gypsy camps are updated, any reason the evil mage camps cannot be put back into the rotation as possible spawns?

2. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

I asked before, when they made the changes to the Gypsies.

I think that part of the problem with those is a larger footprint, as a lot of the areas where they spawned before have housing that would block.

BUT, on my shard, at least, many of those areas are no where NEAR as full as they were when they last spawned, so it shouldn't really be that much of an issue.

3. Smokey of LS

Smokey of LS Guest

i agree, when i started in 2004 i got many many many sets from wrong tram and fel only. just wrong, the outside part and it was where houses could never be placed, i got up to 4 sets in on day just from wrong area where houses cant be placed, i definitely thing they should, its easily possible.

4. sablestorm

sablestorm Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

While you're at it, add brigand archers back into the mix. It always made things more interesting back in the day when they'd shoot you in the back while you were trying to flee. Of course, we don't play the game on 28.8 modems anymore so it probably wouldn't be as interesting now, but a little increase in difficulty would not go awry, I think. Then again, the way people complain.....

5. Derium of ls

Derium of ls Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

give them speedhack? so it feels like the olden days again =p

6. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

My first day in UO was on a 19200 modem, I used to dream of owning a 28k.

Monty Python: "Oh we used to dreaaaammmm of living in the corridor"

7. JC the Builder

JC the Builder Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Evil Mages are misunderstood. Why would you want to give players more of a reason to kill them?

8. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Because they don't wear the same hats as us.

9. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I had a 14.4k modem i remember when i ugraded to 56k wow i thought i was flying now with cable if i had to go back i dont think i could play anymore lol

10. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Evil Mages that sometimes spawn blood tiles.....
    You know if they just put some time and thought into it I bet they could come up with a few dozen random locations were those could spawn again.

Yes that would be nice...

Archers...... now that sounds fun.

Yep I think they should put that in.

And what might be neat too.... put a random new special dragon spawning in some of the mining caves... with a rare chest somewhat like the blackrock chests.... with some nifty item in it.

11. Zyon Rockler

Zyon Rockler Guest

I saw one one time in T2A, under Del, Ettin Valley. I was out walking around thinking if only I could place a house in these lands and the next thing I know, I see a tower in the clearing and i'm like WHAT! and I was like how the heck, can you place here now as I focused on the hilly ground around the tower, I had seen some, what looked to be some red npcs but they had poofed before I could encounter them directly. So, I was still very puzzled.
    I went up to the tower and opened the doors and again I was surprised it wasn't a ghost, because the doors opened and as I stepped inside I remember seeing an altar, the round stone, floor altar things with a star.

By the time I got the icqs out, it vanished. I was told this was some type of spawn that rarely happened. This was definitely a cool memory and I would love to see them do more stuff like that again.

12. JC the Builder

JC the Builder Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

It would also kill the desirability of blood tiles. The only reason people still care about them is they are a super rare spawn. Every time a rare item has been made common, it becomes worthless and players lose interest in them.

13. Tobyone

Tobyone Guest

I used carrier pigeons - those were the days..