1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Now that so many of you are training imbueing....

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Patty Pickaxe, Oct 12, 2009.

1. Patty Pickaxe

Patty Pickaxe Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

What should I do to prepare to train it? I don't have SA yet, and I don't see myself coming back to play full-time any time soon. However, I would like to know what I can do in the meantime to get ready to train imbueing when I do come back full-time. I know it's only a matter of time before I get the motivation to play again.

Back in the summer when I did a lot of t-maps, I saved up a lot of the items from the chest and the monsters for unraveling. Will that help?

2. Tiberius

Tiberius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

You will need about 3-4 secures full of lowend crap to unravel (1-2 mod items with crap intensity) to get from 0-25.

You can probably just burn dull copper hammers on human char with 0 smithy anda talisman if you do not have box loads of useless low end crap to unravel.

You will need to buy up about 2000 citrines; you should have alot of magical residue from your intial training.

That should have you set up for your intial training; once you hit 25; post here again and i will give you my very cost effective way of going from 25-70.

Petra also has a thing you can do that will double your residue output if you do not mind burning ingots to do it.

3. Patty Pickaxe

Patty Pickaxe Certifiable

Thank you tibs! So, should I not unravel all the crap armor, weapons, and jewls from treasure hunting? I should just do the ones with 1-2 mods? What happens if I have an item with 3-4 crap mods?

4. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Patty let me know when you upgrade. I will friend you to my junk shop that has a soul forge til you get your own.

5. Just unravel what ever you can and as your skill raises you will be able to unravel more and more of the higher end armor.

Hello All I been on Seige for a while just have not posted much (or at all) before.

6. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Wow Jake. You have amazing restraint... Been a Stratics member for over a year and just one post. Welcome!

7. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot

once you hit rot then it is super easy.
    get a bag of loot and save for imbuing.
    I add luck with hopefully 10% chance to success or so.
    add 1% luck each time until it is imbued 10 times and then move to next item.
    I get a gain almost every time no matter the success rate and with a low success rate you gain on failures so it can last you longer.
    I did this from 70 to 102 (which I am at right now)

just buy your citrines or if you have a bunch from t-hunting that works.

I just started getting relics from normal items. you should start getting use to glacing at an item and know how much weight it carrys.
    fc 1
    spell channeling
    100% weapon damage (dif from normal)
    things like these count as 100 weight so if it has around 400% or so then make sure you save it until your over GM so you can get a relic from it.

sometimes junky looking stuff might give a relic just because the items on it are concidered 100

Lorddog

8. Tiberius

Tiberius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I bet alot of that will unravel; I did not know you did some treasure hutning. I bet you are probbaly set for start up mats; just need to buy up the 2k citrines.

P.S. I can hook you up with a soulforge; E helped me out with some pof a couple weeks ago so I owe ya).

9. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot

when your at 0-50 skill you cant unravel anything over certain weight. so no need to worry until after 50 about unraveling something that might be too good.

I just bought some items off venders for 2k each that were very close to weight for relic. all i need to do is imbue alittle more on it to give a relic on unraveling. cost to imbue dam inc enough to give relic = 4 residue and 9 citrines. It gonna be fun figure out to get easy relics.

Lorddog

10. RedDaTeef

RedDaTeef Guest

What are relics worth or items that would give relics?

11. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

About 100k apiece.. but then again I have so many ingredients/runics for sale to unravel and can't sell them.

It's a fickle market.