1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Nox Mage and weaponskill

Discussion in 'UO Spellcaster' started by Xizz, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Xizz

Xizz Guest

Heya.

Im currently running a nox mage with wrestling (and a little necro/ss for evil omen), but after some reading i get the feeling fencing/swords would be better.

I like wrestling, but what im trying to figure out is if i will like fencing or swords more.

Soo..i guess the question is; whats the advantages of swords/fenc?

My english is far from topknotch so excuse that if possible [​IMG]

Thanks in advance

2. imported_GFY

imported_GFY Guest

A nox mage with a weapon skill would be fine for defense but you would be limitted on offense. You could change your template around and add 70 tactics for primary weapon specials and 90 tac for secondary weapon skill. You would also need to include as much HCI as possible to be able to hit serious PVPers. You would have to increase your dex to at least 80 or your swing speed would be too slow to make much difference.

It can be a very offensive template but is difficult to set up and puts limits on your magery. (Increase dex and you'll have to decrease int or strength)

3. 25 dex/stam is fine. poison + weapon skill gives you infection strike I think. You don't need tactics/anat. There is almost zero reason to have wrestle over other combat skills, besides the fact that you can chug easier.

4. depends on what you want to do. not many archer mages out there. I'd say go with swords.

5. NeXeD LeGeNd

Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

macing is sweet too if your gonna go with 70 tact.... you get a good diamond mace... and you can alter the fight with just one hit...