1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Nox Mage Questions

Discussion in 'UO Spellcaster' started by noshroud, Apr 15, 2010.

1. noshroud

noshroud Guest

Hi Everyone, I'm returning to the game after a long hiatus.

I read that to figure out the level of poison when casting a spell the formula is magery + poisoning divided by 2 equals chance to cast a given level of poison. If I can get my magery to 120 is there any point to having over 80 in poisoning?

PS I'm also looking for a guild for my Bard/Nox Mage/Alchemist on Baja!
  2. Demoquin84

Demoquin84 Guest

I think it affects if you poison a blade.
  3. Garm The Green

Garm The Green Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Mar 26, 2005

I've a nox mage, but my thought is, what's the point of nox mages? What are they useful for other than some PVP benefit?
  4. I always liked Nox/Necro/Mage leeching back mana in Wraith Form from all the Poison ticks.

Edit: Oh, and no, no point having over 80 Poisoning with 120 Magery.
  5. noshroud

noshroud Guest

Sweet thanks! Training poisoning is a real bear....

The point is to have fun. Right now my goal for my character is as follows;

120 Music
    120 Provo
    120 Disco
    120 Magery
    80 Poisoning
    100 Alchemy
    60 Meditation

I could very easily trade poisoning and alchemy for Eval and more med and go with a typical mage bard, but this is a lot more interesting and I think it still has a chance. I mostly do PvM so the idea is to disco then provo stuff and then lay down a poison field. Depending on what I'm fighting I'll typically have and elemental summoned. Throwing exploding potions actually does pretty decent damage with alchemy and enhanced potions gear, and it's great for killing two of the same monster that have been fighting each other and are both almost dead.