1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Nox Mage Template Questions

Discussion in 'UO Spellcaster' started by Itari BC, Aug 6, 2011.

1. Itari BC

Itari BC Guest

Hi just coming back to the game from the boring WoW...I use to love playing a nox/fencer mage and heard that it is pretty good again...still trying to grasp all the changes like the new focus stuff but need some help with a template please!

So far I have:
    120 Fencing
    80 Poisoning
    120 Eval
    120 Resist
    110 Med
    110 Magery

Do I need tactics still? Also is HCI now a requirement for this temp!? Thanks!

2. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

if you roll tact and rock a leaf blade will be pretty easy to cap AI. If you just wanna throw out noxes and not AIs, then no tact.

Def hit 45 HCI, if needed ditch the LRC to hit it.

I'd put scribe instead of tact, and make sureyou get to 30 SDI in items.

If you get a lucky nox in between spells on a big dump and they fail a couple cure pots, you win.

3. Cetric

Cetric Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

don't need tactics for just infectious strike but do if you want other specials, yes get as much hci as you can. rock out a nice sc kryss, the problem is, getting all ur hci, dci, and 30sdi is really hard with this setup, and just about requires a shield to pull it off.

4. Teranor

Teranor Guest

Thank you for the responses, they helped me as well since I have a similar template and the same similar story, just came back on Saturday.
    My char has:
    120 Magery
    120 Eval
    120 Med
    115 Resist
    115 Swords
    81 Poisoning
    49 Focus?

Any suggestions? Thanks!

5. Gorbs

Gorbs Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Drop focus and get 30SDI. Then bring swords and resist to 120 if you can afford the scrolls.