1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Nox Question

Discussion in 'UO Crime' started by Ghost Knight, Feb 6, 2015.

1. Ghost Knight

Ghost Knight Visitor

I just came back to the game and can't seem to inflict poison with a weapon now. I have 100 poisoning skill and my cleaver has 9 dp charges. Is tactics required to inflict it now?

2. Cephas [V]

Cephas [V] Journeyman

Tactics (70 or 90, depending on primary or secondary) is required to perform the Infectious Strike special hit. It can be triggered like a spell, out of the purple book in the paperdoll in the Classic Client.

sent from my work phone ERRR Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

3. Val'lyn De'ana

Val'lyn De'ana Seasoned Veteran

I'm not sure how long you've been away from the game but it would be my suggestion to keep poison off your template if you are intending to PK.

I too am back to the game, and I too have poisoning in my template. Players today are able to rid themselves of poison far too easy in my opinion. It's nothing like it used to be.

Unfortunately, I roleplay a poisoner so I have to keep it on my template but if I didn't I would probably drop it for a skill better suited to killing players.

-Val'lyn

4. Xvim

Xvim Adventurer

Keep your poison in your template. It will poison target when you hit on a chance. It will essential for disturbing enemies healing. It blocks healing. Use Deadly Poison on your weapon.

5. Val'lyn De'ana

Val'lyn De'ana Seasoned Veteran

What are your thoughts on poison via magery?

Yes you can cast it from a distance, but the chance to bump up the poison level comes from being close to the target. As a thief, I use poison to get a little bit of separation from the mark after I have taken there item.

-Val'lyn