1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

NPC vendor question - delay between visits req'd?

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by gortman, Dec 22, 2009.

1. gortman

gortman Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I'm playing UO again after a nine year absence (using the EC) and had something happen in New Haven with an NPC vendor that makes me curious.

I tried to buy some basic armor and what was in my shopping cart cost more than the gold I had in my backpack (but I had reserves in the bank). Thinking the game would automatically withdraw the difference from my bank box, I tried to complete the purchase. The vendor said I didn't have enough gold to cover the transaction and the purchase was cancelled.

Ok, I said to myself, I'll just try again but not try to buy so much. But I couldn't get the vendor's attention with "vendor buy" this time, no matter how many times I tried. The items for sale gump never popped up.

What did I do wrong? Is there a timer that prevents multiple transactions with the same vendor? If so, anyone know how long the timer lasts?

Thanks for the help!

2. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I've never heard of any sort of timer. Just the other night I bought out a vendor's stock of rubys 5 times in a row. No delay. As soon as the vendor gump closed, I could open it again. This was in the classic client though. Maybe an enhanced client bug?

Did you try the context menu?

3. gortman

gortman Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Not sure where to access the context menu - if someone can tell me how to get to it, I'll give it a shot tonight.

Thanks for the reply!

4. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Depends on how you have your client set up. Mine I just single left click on an NPC to get the menu. I believe the default setting is shift + left click.

5. gortman

gortman Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks - I'll give that a try tonight. I haven't done any tweaking of the client so it's all in default mode right now.

6. Beer_Cayse

Beer_Cayse Guest

purchases from NPCs will deduct from the cash in the bank only if the costs is more than 2000 gp.

7. gortman

gortman Sage
    Stratics Veteran

That's good to know - thanks. I think my total purchase was under 400 gp so it makes sense that the transaction failed. Still wondering why I couldn't buy anything from the vendor immediately after that, though. Have see if I can replicate the situation.

8. Wulf2k

Wulf2k Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Crusader of Chaos

While you were standing there, he might have taken a step just out of range.

Try single clicking him for the context menu (assuming EC works like CC in that regard). If Buy is greyed out, he's out of range.

9. gortman

gortman Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I'll just use the vendor context menu from now on - that works fine.

Thanks.