1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Number of Posts to Display

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Obsidian, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

In the old forum you could display 100 posts per page. Is there a way to select that or at the very least have greater than 20 posts per page? I'm sure the setting is there, but I haven't run into it yet. Thanks!

-OBSIDIAN-

2. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

Until we have the option for each user to customize this, please vote in our poll: http://community.stratics.com/index.php?threads/poll-how-many-threads-per-page.262577/. If it leans significantly toward the higher ends, we can consider something higher than on the poll. XF does have a limit, though, to prevent performance issues.

3. Obsidian

Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Thanks, Syrus. I voted for 50. The new forums are so much faster than the old ones... but I find the multiple pages to flip through while reading posts a little annoying. I hope the consensus is for a greater number of posts per page.

4. Taylor

Totally understand. Looking at the results right now, it's pretty clear we'll be raising it above 20.

Thanks for voting!

5. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

A thing I noticed that's been particular handy is when I click on a page, it auto scrolls down to the first 'new' post

6. Taylor

Main Forum View

[​IMG]

Forum View

[​IMG]

Just uploaded guide here.

7. Obsidian

Well since we are talking about forum improvements, will you be able to add the forum drop-down menu at the bottom of each page like it was in the old forum? I've found it is hard to get back to UHall, a Shard, or Profession forum from places like looking at My Profile or My Conversations.

Sevin0oo0 likes this.
  8. Taylor

breadcrum.png

Look for this symbol at the top and bottom of every page (in the breadcrumb).

By the way, we've started a forum for Suggestions and Bug Reports here: http://community.stratics.com/index.php?forums/suggestions-and-bug-reports.692/. I've also been adding guides for things.

Edit--it looks like this in UO Classic:

breadcrumb2.png

Sevin0oo0 likes this.
  9. Obsidian

Oh wow! That is cool. I would have never guessed that icon did that.

10. Taylor

Yeah, kinda hard to know unless someone tells you. Hope that'll be ok for ya. :)

11. Theo_GL

Theo_GL Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

In terms of posts I vote for elevendy.