1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Numerous Client Crashes after recent patch

Discussion in 'UO Resources' started by Belshazzar, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Belshazzar

Belshazzar Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Jun 5, 2008
    I run uo on two seperate computers, one older and one up to date fancy dancy one. The newer one runs UO fine. The older one which is only two years old, constantly crashes only when we are out fishing. Every twenty or so movements forward it clients completely for no reason, fishing, fighting it is only when the boat is moving forward does it crash constantly. I been fishing with my wife for about 3 hours so far this morning and she has cliented about 30 or so times. We checked settings, opened up cache more, can not figure out why.

2. Gilmour

Gilmour Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Nov 19, 2003
    Would really help knowing what client you use.

But a common and often overseen issue of performance and crash issues lie in the windows built in indexing service, that can cause havoc on any game performance, tho some games deal with it better than others, that said, uo in particular is pretty vonurable to this as its a "harddrive game" no preloading going on.

You find it in properties of your uo folder, then follow illustration below.

Hope it works out, otherwise get back to us :)