1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

NuSair's primer for Shadowlord

Discussion in 'UHall' started by NuSair, Sep 22, 2013.

1. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

First off, I am not claiming to be an expert. Nor am I saying that my way is the right way or the only way. What I am saying is that as long as a few simple (or not so simple as determined by the lack of understanding) guidelines are followed, you will have success.

1. Summons/pets/archers/throwers in general suck. Why?

You get summoned or drag agro off the tank(s), and cause everyone to die just because you had to play 'your' template regardless of the fact it was going to cause everyone else to die.

Let me also say that if you want to tame the crabs then have the tamer die after setting them to attack the shadowlord.... go for it. They are pretty good, especially with bard songs pumping them up. Just have others heal them as well.

2. You want a bard. Two if you can get it. Discord is really nice in this fight. Have the bard in the party with the tank(s). The main song set you want is the Peacemaking set. If you have a 2nd bard, Provocation.

3. If you are not a tank, you heal the tank. Thanks to the lack of... well, I would say imagination, but trying to be nice... the Shadowlord boss is essentially Cora v1.5.

4. Mythbuster time. You have to have sampires. No- really any tank will do. Remove the necro and toss on like healing. Or take Chiv to 120. All sorts of other things you can do. I just had paladin with a shield and no bushido tank one.

5. The tank should have an area effect on her weapon. HLA helps as well.

1a. I want to return to point 1. Yes, it does suck that you can't play your thrower/tamer/ABC/whatever. When I say can't play... sure, in theory you can, but you will probably cause everyone to die. Rather selfish if you ask me.

6. A spell weaver with Gift of Renewal level 6 helps get things started until discord lands and the healing is set up.

What I do is honor, drop down, honor the Shadowlord (if I have bushido), pop evasion/feint and get everyone else to come down, get set up.

Please feel free to share your tactics. Not saying this is the best way, but when used, it does work. It's like a very basic EQ/WoW raid. Tanks and healers. Anything just complicates things and causes the raid to wipe.

#1 NuSair, Sep 22, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2013
  2. CovenantX

CovenantX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Ranged attackers are fine, you just need to stand a short distance from the Shadow lord (within 2 tiles) you will not be pulled if you're close enough.

Hit area (poison area) is important, for pretty much every dexer there though, kills the wisps very quickly, and if the wisps are dead, the healers are happy, If the healers are happy, there shouldn't be any deaths.

Peacemaking songs help out quite a bit as well, but the songs alone will not give the bard eligibility for a drop, so the peacer must also heal or deal damage to the boss.

All dps needs to have 'a small piece of blackrock' in their pack, so the wisps shielding doesn't make them invulnerable.

G.v.P and NuSair like this.
  3. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Don't forget to insure your piece of blackrock.

G.v.P and NuSair like this.
  4. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Couple of more things after doing it with just 3 yesterday.

1- Shadowlord is a necromancer, keep apples handy for Blood Oath.
    2- With the amount of damage being done to the tank, have to watch for Poison or Poison + Blood Oath.

Next time I go, I am going to try my non-necro tank.

5. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I'm guessing I'll have to log on to Atlantic to even find a group for this...seems like no one is ever on the shards I play.

6. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Only once when I've gone down there has there been someone already there. But, anytime I am running them, you are more than welcome to come along.