1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Obama to be Impeached?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Hunters' Moon, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Hunters' Moon

Hunters' Moon Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

House Resolution 107,that passed both House and Senate,seems to be the first step in an attempt to impeach Obama.I have noticed that none of the mainstream media organizations have reported this. Not that I should be surprised.It is too close to the Presidential election and the Media doesn't want to mess it up for Obama. Link below of the resolution.

2. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

There is likely a very good reason it is not being covered by any media. The media is discussing the "next" Gov't "shutdown" though.

3. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Heck, the media can't even slam Obama for high gas prices, yet when Bush was in office you could see 5 stories slamming him in the first 10 minutes of any news cast.

Very good reason this is not being reported... media is baised towards the idiot we have at the helm now. And in fairness I also called the first Bush an idiot. I call them like I see them.

4. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

This is the third year the Gov't has been running with out any sort of budget... coincidental?

5. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

*grumbles* Don't get me started... I have to go to work. It will be several weeks before I am working for myself... The no budget Gov't gets it all for now.

6. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Would you expect any less from the spend, tax and spend some more folks tho?

7. Hunters' Moon

Stratics Veteran

This is a hearing with Defense Sec,which he states that he will first seek the "permission" from the international community before he even speaks to Congress.

[youtube]BVouCYc3Kkc[/youtube]​

8. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

9. Hunters' Moon

Stratics Veteran

I wonder what Panetta wanted to talk about with the troops that caused the Brass to order the disarming of the troops that were in that tent.I would have loved to been in on that meeting,and at the meeting that probably was held to determine that the troops would be disarmed.

The link you shared also made a good point about trust. The saying goes that "I fear a government that fears my gun." This is true here as well.

10. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

One Marine went over the edge recently... maybe they all are? I dunno... Sec Def does not trust his troops with weapons.

11. Hunters' Moon

Stratics Veteran

Alot of marines and other service men and women are suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder because of their prolonged tours of duty. If Panetta is so concerned about our own troops being armed while he is around,maybe he just needs to stay home.

12. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

Proud generally.

13. Hunters' Moon

Stratics Veteran

Well that is good that he is 'proud generally' of our armed forces that are giving their lives to protect Oil Interests protect our nation from terrorist groups.

14. Hunters' Moon

Stratics Veteran

This is what happens when I get bored waiting for server up... :D

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Raider Red likes this.
  15. Hunters' Moon

Stratics Veteran

16. Triberius

Triberius Firefall Moderator | LotRO Moderator
    Alumni

My issue with this, if it's a big deal now.. why wasn't it under every President sense 1973. Every Single President since the War Powers Act has declared the act unconstitutional, and ignored it when they felt necessary. What you really have happening is the Republican's know they don't have a potential candidate that can stand up to Obama come Nov, and they are scrambling to get Bidden at the helm.

On top of all this I don't think they will be able to do squat, in 1999 they challenged Clinton on the similar issues concerning Yugoslavia and a court told them to shut it...

To provide a capper to the whole debate, the War Powers Act is questionable as to it's constitutionality, as it provides Congress a means to usurp and use the War Powers of any office in the United States even those not granted to Congress in the Constitution.

17. Hunters' Moon

Stratics Veteran

A liberal leaning Court sided with a liberal leaning President? I don't believe it! I think you are making that up. We have no "activist judges" in the courts./sarcasm

All kidding aside,if you would look at the history of EO's of each president starting with WWII,you'd see that each successive order that was extended from a previous one would push the envelope just a little bit. Each EO would be a little less legal than the previous.

18. Triberius

Triberius Firefall Moderator | LotRO Moderator
    Alumni

True but the issue with the House Resolution mentioned here deals specifically with the War Powers Act. If they (Congress), push the issue as it seems they may, they might wind up loosing power in the end if the War Powers Act was finally declared unconstitutional.

I will say this much, if I was in Obama's shoes, I'd either have been yanked out of office days after taking it, or I'd have Congress by the short and fuzzies by now... Not that hard a thing to do when you look at it properly.

19. Hunters' Moon

Stratics Veteran