1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Observation re: Seed Box

Discussion in 'UHall' started by old gypsy, Nov 24, 2011.

1. old gypsy

old gypsy Grand Poobah
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Patron PITMUCK

I love the seed box, and it does help tremendously by identifying seeds; however, I've found that the newly identified seeds do not stack with older seeds of the same name. I'm just wondering if this is how it's supposed to work, and if anyone else is experiencing this?

2. Sir_Bolo

Sir_Bolo Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I have experienced this even without the Seed Box: the seeds I gathered after Pub 73 don't stack with the seeds of the same type gathered before the publish. The seeds came from self-pollinated plants so they were automatically identified when I collected them.

3. Kas Althume

Kas Althume Crazed Zealot

I had this with some seeds. To fix it i tossed both stacks into the box.

4. old gypsy

old gypsy Grand Poobah

I think I just figured it out. I logged back in and tried again. The newly identified seeds still wouldn't stack with the older seeds. So, I tried something else... discovered that if you put the old seeds into the seed box with the new seeds, only then do they stack properly. This might be an annoying and time consuming task for people with thousands of seeds, though.

Note: I'm glad to have this. For a casual grower like myself, this is a great item! :)

5. PuddyMae

PuddyMae Guest

I cant find the thread on the new seed box so this will go here. I am still sorta confused about the box. I have 59 different seeds. They add up to 3521 seeds. Now what I need to know, does it count a stack of seeds or the number of seeds in that stack? Say I have orange poppy seeds, does it count as one or does it count 250 seeds for that one kind?
    If it counts a stack as one, great, if it counts 250 seeds, I may as well keep them as they are in the stacks and save lockdown space.

I hope someone can clear this up.

6. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

7. Barok

Barok Grand Inquisitor

Even newly picked seeds from a self pollinated plant don't stack with seeds identified via the seed box.

So this means that once you start using the seed box, you will have to always use the seed box, in order to get all your seeds to stack properly.

And since the seed box has only a limited capacity, you end up storing your seeds the old fashioned way anyways, sorted in a bunch of chests/bags.

As I pick seeds from my plants I just drop them all into the seed box, then about once a week I pull them out of the box and sort/store them.

8. olduofan

olduofan Guest

Ya I was looking forward this until I realized a stack of 250 doesn't count as 1

I really like the idea of it though to bad its not practical as a vet reward maybe a quest item at best, then again its far better than the vet robes and statues :rant2:

9. Inanna of LS

Inanna of LS Visitor

How old does your account have to be to use a seed box

How old does your account have to be to use a seed box? I am only 27 months but could really use one of theses. If I buy one can I use it?

10. old gypsy

old gypsy Grand Poobah

Re: How old does your account have to be to use a seed box

It's a 4th year vet reward. I am not sure if younger accounts can use it.

11. Warpig Inc

Warpig Inc Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Any Age to use and not account bound.

Seedbox only advantage. No more farming for Dust seeds.

Those with 1000s of seeds. Better to have a live plant self pollinated with 8 seeds. This gives you a living library of plants and colors for X Pollinating.

12. TheChocolits

TheChocolits Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Funny thing is, we cannot lock the seed box as secure container which I find odd becoz the max amount of seed we can put in is 500 seeds which is 500 weight and lockdown containers can only hold 400 weight stones. So why set a limit on the seed box when u cannot reach it?

But then again I found out that the only way to put 500 seeds into the box is by throwing the seed box into a secure container and then which u can put 500 seeds in. But I find it a pity u won't be able to display the cute lil seed box outside anymore...

13. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot

I'ding the seeds that wont stack takes using the poppy dust again on both then they stack.

14. old gypsy

old gypsy Grand Poobah

I just combine both stacks in the seed box, then pull out the resulting single stack to store in another container. After that, additional seeds of the same kind will stack with the original combo (once the new seeds are ID'd in the seed box). That might be a problem if one has tons of seeds, but I never keep more than I can grow at one time.