1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

"Obstacles" that prevent house placement.

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Dag Nabbit, Apr 17, 2014.

1. Dag Nabbit

Dag Nabbit Seasoned Veteran

Can someone direct me to a list of items that will block house placement? I just restarted an old account of mine and I want to place a house directly beside my already existing plot to make it look like one large house. I know of the obvious items that will block house placement. Uneven land,trees,large rocks and mountain sides. The only thing that is 'blocking' the placement next to my place could be mushrooms? Of all the items that are keeping me from placing my houses together are mushrooms? Please say it isn't so.

2. Piotr

Piotr Stratic's Finest
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

You do know that you need 5 tiles of space between the plots if you try to place North or South to your old plot? (Only 1 tile E and W)

Oh, and mushrooms don't block.

#2 Piotr, Apr 17, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
  3. Dag Nabbit

I was attempting a side-by-side placement of both plots. Odd thing though is that when I finally was able to place the plot,it didn't place where I targeted,but moved back one tile. This made the plots uneven and I now have to wait one hour to demolish the plot(for some crazy reason).

4. Piotr

Piotr Stratic's Finest

#4 Piotr, Apr 17, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
    Dag Nabbit and Flutter like this.
  5. Dag Nabbit

I finally got the plot sync'd up right and looking good.

6. Piotr

Piotr Stratic's Finest

Congratulations! :)

7. Winter

Winter Lore Keeper

:postpics:

8. Dag Nabbit

[​IMG]

Because it's close to server down,I haven't added any deco to what I did with both plots. My end game as far as the plots go will turn out to be a farm with animal pens.

Barry Gibb and DJAd like this.
  9. Winter

Winter Lore Keeper

Nice! Now I'm wondering if it is possible to use goza mats to make a bridge instead of the house teleport tiles.

10. Mandrake of DF

Mandrake of DF Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

No - but, you can make it look like its a bridge - but you have to use teleport tiles....

11. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I'd use grass tiles.... really could do that and/or water tiles, make it look like a field with a stream running through it.

Jade of Sonoma likes this.
  12. Hoffs

Hoffs Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

For best results with side-by-side illusion houses, you really need the east plot "roof" to be one floor higher than the west, as shown in these two images.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

With the contents of both houses loaded, the joins are then easily covered up.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Winter

Winter Lore Keeper

Nice - I wish there were more of these player "villages" in the game, with vendors to shop. I would so much rather visit and shop some place than ugly Luna.

Jade of Sonoma and Dag Nabbit like this.
  14. claudia-fjp

claudia-fjp Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I've thought a neat vet reward would be a bridge to link 2 side by side or front to back houses. It would probably be a pain to implement though.

15. Dag Nabbit

I like that idea. We can link accounts at the official site,so we should be able to also link accounts in some in-game situations,too. I would love to be able to move my east plot west by one tile to make them truly one plot.

16. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Saw a set of castles with a bridge that was cute, using the TP's was considering doing it to my 2 castles. was a pain to line up but well worth the time. I like that idea of linking up accounts as I never plan to sell my accounts and would love to "join" the two castles.

17. THP

THP Stratics Legend

The twin illusion houses always look awesome....well done the people that take the time to do them.....shame there far more people with ugly borg cubes littering the land....and lets be honest with the exception of atlantic...anyone can go to malas and place 2 1818s side by side..the housing rules really need a revamp.....

18. Jade of Sonoma

Jade of Sonoma Babbling Loonie

Illusions are so much fun. It would be great to actually make or own a bridge and walk between side by sides. Yes - housing rules need a revamp .. as it is one of the major interests in the game for many players.

19. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot

I have a feeling blending accounts will be impossible...
    considering both would have to be sync'd in no just houseing but billing and idk if EA would go for it. They still hold the purse strings.

20. claudia-fjp

claudia-fjp Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

If they did do a revamp it would be the perfect time to allow houses to be oriented east/west with the front and steps of the houses on the east side instead of the south.

21. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot

I have always wondered why they didnt do that in the vey beginning but back then the early coding was very tricky and it might have been more work then was wanted to get the game out on time.
    But these days the code might let them add a option for a turn and or allow on plots a way to put the steps on the right with the tool may be a option.
    Long before the new houses came to be the idea of removing walls in my towers, keeps and castles has been a hot topic with my kids and I.
    Tps would make a keep and castle stair free! opening up room think of the keep without the walls blocking the open grass fill it in and make rooms more usefull! goodness the ideas for all that....

22. Jade of Sonoma

Jade of Sonoma Babbling Loonie

How about building blocks of various sizes, like blocks of ICE for making igloos on snow, or Domes on buildings? And Further more .. houses with steps like the bank in Zento with steps on all sides .. sorry - am getting carried away here. I always wanted to join houses with covered walkways at ground level before customization was introduced.

#22 Jade of Sonoma, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2014