1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Oceania Lag...

Discussion in 'UHall' started by JediSith, Dec 11, 2010.

1. JediSith

JediSith Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

whats happening with the Lag on the oceania shard... It's a joke can't even do simple task as craft with out waiting 5 mins for it to do anything...

2. Waylander

Waylander Guest

Thats ok i thought id be smart and go chop some wood.... Cant even do that ffs...

5 days and no fix so far...

Feel the love for oceania!!!

3. Amathist

Amathist Guest

I couldn't even bank sit, cause I couldn't step into the bank. Recalled and then waited and waited took one step and waited some more....I ended up giving up before I ever finally made it.

4. LordSoth

LordSoth Guest

Holy **** it's unplayable, it's like a new launching MMO lag.
    C'mon UO guys, pull your head out and fix this **** :(

5. LordSoth

LordSoth Guest

6. Feenicks

Feenicks Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Yeah the lag is a less than auspicious return to UO for me.
    Ive been on a bit of a hiatus (yet maintaining a paid account) for the past couple years while finishing off my degree...
    I come back and the first day was fine... then there's this patch and boom, unplayable.
    This in addition to finding the place to be pretty much a ghost town, it's certainly making me wonder why i bothered keeping my account while gone...
    *sigh*

I see it's downloading a new patch again today, may this bring improvement? Hope so.

EDIT.
    AHHHH! HOUSE I WAS MOVING FROM AND HAD TO GIVE UP TRYING TO GET ANYTHING DONE THE LAST TWO DAYS FRICKING COLLAPSED... WHILE YOUR BLOODY LAG MADE IT IMPOSSIBLE TO PLAY.

ffs
    thought i had another day or two up my sleeve... bloody hell.
    i give up.

AND ITS STILL IMPOSSIBLY LAGGY.
    Yeah i picked the right time to come back.

That was a couple hiundred bucks worth of keeping my account paid up the last couple years for bloody nothing

7. Feenicks

Just talking stock of the few things i hadnt moved yet.
    Sigh...

Thanks a bloody lot laggy stupid fhoesugfhnlsd

8. LordSoth

LordSoth Guest

Sorry to hear that mate :(
    Even crafting spyglasses is impossible with this lag.
    The rat must have died in the oceania server box and never been replaced.

9. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

I don't mean to be cruel, but when has Oceania not been laggy?

10. WildWobble

WildWobble Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Umm Just because you lag on a server 1/2 way arround the planet does not mean its laggy for others! But then americans never do well with geography! but thanks for the bump on the post. And yeah still laggy! 12/11/10

11. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

Most of the Europeans I've talked with find Oceania laggy as well. Not an American problem, your ****ty shard is just laggy in general, that's why no one ever plays Oceania. I spent about a year playing Oceania and hardly ever saw another guild in Fel.

12. Amathist

Amathist Guest

[​IMG]

Oceania can be laggy for those outside Oceania but it is normally fine for those inside.....however this is getting pretty pathetic and I am normally on the side of positivity.

13. LordSoth

LordSoth Guest

Yes compared to other MMOs, Oceania server has (usually) great ping.
    Except for the last few days ofcourse.

14. Beastmaster

Beastmaster Guest

I just tried Oceania from East Coast US and it was normal for me, which is laggy but runnable.

15. Feenicks

Yeah uhh, it'd be laggy for europeans too. It's also on the other side of teh work for them.

Whereas from work, ive pinged <10ms to oceania in the past.

16. Waylander

Waylander Guest

Thank your for this post as i needed a good laugh with the problems we are having. Might be an idea to actually find out where and what something is before making yourself look like an idiot making comments.

Devs please at least let us know you are looking into the problem.

5 days of unplayable lag and lock ups and not even a comment of "we are looking into this" is a bit of a joke....

17. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

The only idiot is a person who thinks physical distance matters foremost when it comes to the Internet, lol.

18. Waylander

Waylander Guest

Second laugh for the day. Thanks.

Speed + Distance = Time

19. Voodoo990

Voodoo990 Guest

Sorry dude, wow that's pretty much a complete failure on knowing how data transfer functions on the internet.

But the current situation on OC is not your normal lag issue there is something seriously wrong. The shard has basically been unplayable for 5 days now.

20. JediSith

JediSith Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

it's getting to the stage when they pick out Diablo 3, it might be the end for me with UO if they dont improve things for people that don't live in USA and Asian shards..

21. LordSoth

LordSoth Guest

Did he just say what I think he jus... Oh never mind.
    Back to work again, missed out on UO this weekend :(

22. Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos Always Present
    Stratics Veteran

Distance and geographical region matters quite a bit. You will get bad pings from Europe to the US and visa versa. While much better pings if you stay in your own geographical region.

If distance didn't matter, then we wouldn't need localized servers.

23. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

If everyone had the same service, distance would matter foremost. But if my technology is better (ie T3 vs 56) then the physical distance counts for less. The only thing that matters as far as distance is if one stop on the route is broken, which is why those native feel extra lagged right now, because one stop close to the final destination in the route is theoretically compromised -- which means we all stop at the same "physical" place, and drop out. These people are acting as if we are all waiting in a physical line to get access to a server, as if a person in Europe has to take a ship or something lol and does not have the ability to get there as fast as someone in "Oceania" because of geography. That's absurd. It's all about what technology you have available, then it's up to the stops and if they're communicating right. Don't forget this game was developed when all we had was 28.8, lol and yeah, distance sure mattered foremost then regarding localities.

24. WildWobble

WildWobble Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Wow your a.....! read your post again and relaize how stupid it sounds or have you managed to break the light speed cap on electrical/lazer/Rf signals? Someone within 1000km of target will allways have the advantage over someone 10000km Yes its about the tech but its about all the tech involved your t3 means nothing if you hit a speedbumb along the way. Right now BIG BIG SPEED BUMPS TO OCEIANA THATS THE POINT OF THE THREAD NOW GO TROLL ELSEWHERE

25. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot

First off the server for Oceania is in Singapore and was doing well.
    I live on west coast of USA and get great ping and can run very well on Oceania.Most times that is till now.
    This lag is reminding me of the time the ocean cable got snaged and almost all net activity that went through that cable had to be rerouted to the other cable on Perth side. Was a bloody mess to play UO till it was fixed.

26. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

Hey xenophobe, if you're going to type in all caps you should at least spell your shard name right. Anyway, in the post you responded to, I already explained how stops effect the trip.

Thanks for clearing up the geography. I honestly hope the shard returns to normal for everyone.

27. WildWobble

WildWobble Sage
    Stratics Veteran

TROLL and nothing more! Your mom must be proud to have spawned such an ugly thing.

28. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

post count +1

29. Waylander

Waylander Guest

Just a bump so hopefully we can get some sort of reply from a dev.....

30. LordSoth

LordSoth Guest

I'm at work today, anyone tried it today?
    Would love a few days refund too, never going to happen though :p

31. Babble

Babble Guest

The lag any better?

32. Amathist

Amathist Guest

well its still doing the intermittent lag thing..one minute you can log in and it seems fine, the next you can barely take two steps in 5 minutes its beyond a joke and completely unplayable.

I had one guild member today tell me she was experiencing a packet loss of 65% thats just beyond frustrating can someone please look into this and let us know an ETA on it getting fixed.

33. LordSoth

LordSoth Guest

Oh bugger, almost home time and it's still screwed hey. Meh :(
    Looks like I will have to spend time with the family :p

34. RotsaRuck

RotsaRuck Guest

I dont really understand it I just know its unplayable here, locally on Oceania, yet playable on the other side of the world, which is not normal, Oceania is pinging 15 ms, and US shards 335-350ms yet I cant play Oceania without dropping something in my backpack and waiting 30 seconds for it to apear, or friezing comletely and having to relog.

35. Amathist

Amathist Guest

I don't understand it totally either ...I am guessing it has to be an issue with the local Oceania server and the latest patch but the why's and the how to fix it ., is well beyond me. I just hope they do something soon.

Oceania was already a quiet shard, some of us had recently been doing work to try and get more interest in it and now this...hardly a welcome to new players and hardly encouraging for old players.

36. Waylander

Waylander Guest

Bump!

Some info on what the flock is going on would be nice EA!

At least spend 30 seconds pretending you give a schit about oceania.......

37. Waylander

Waylander Guest

1 Week No FIX No Response!

Oceania is still almost unplayable and we have had no response from anyone at EA.

This has been going on for a week now.

EA :loser:

38. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

Re: 1 Week No FIX No Response!

I Agree - in Texas, went to Asuka, not too bad. Oceania was indeed unplayable. There in Haven, never even made it to the bank, didn't matter, couldn't speak anyways. If that was my home shard, I'd be pissed.Pretty bad this was a 5mb connection.Ping means little concerning bandwidth

39. Bomordan

Bomordan Guest

What is the deal here? I had a 67% packet loss on Oceania last night, couldn't move and the game was unplayable. This has been going on far too long. None of the other shards are reporting such problems, so why this one and how come no one is fixing it?

I would expect good customer service to at least acknowledge the problem and let us know it is being addressed!

40. anne bonny

anne bonny Guest

I am having issues log in freeze..logged out then cant log back in....This has gone on to long and needs to be fixed....Gees it bad enough i am forced to have dial up connection but this is just ridiculous.

41. Waylander

Waylander Guest

Its been a week like this now and we have had no reply from any EA staff....

Its reasons like these that people stop playing this game...

42. Amathist

Amathist Guest

I would be content with a "we are aware of the problem but have no clue how to fix it as yet" I just wan't to know that it is being looked into and not just ignored.

43. Amathist

Amathist Guest

Everyone I have spoken to that plays on Oceania is having the same issue, random attacks of lag and serious packet loss.

This is killing the shard further, it was already a quiet shard but after a week of no response from the Dev's and the issue still very much present current players are starting to get very frustrated.

The sad part is we where just starting to get community going again with Em events and the shard was becoming a little more active.......now well its worse the a ghost town, and because of this issue everyone that logs in is pissed off because of the lag, that is if they can log in at all.

Can we please get a response even a simple "WE ARE HEARING YOU" would be appreciated. We may be a small shard but we pay our subscriptions just like everyone else.

44. Chardonnay

Chardonnay Visitor

I play Siege Perilous, coming from experience, this don't hold water to them...

45. sablestorm

sablestorm Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I logged into Oceania from California and can play. I get lag spikes, but as others have mentioned, it's not something that would prevent me from playing. Have you guys tried using UOTrace to figure out where the problem is at?

46. LordSoth

LordSoth Guest

Maybe if we all post our tracerts or something?
    Can someone give me the ip/domain name to tracert?

47. Amathist

Amathist Guest

[​IMG]

48. WarUltima

WarUltima Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Hey it was weekend... customers can wait...

49. Waylander

Waylander Guest

7 Day weekend?

Wish i had those as well......