1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Parry] Odd question about parrying

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Seismic, Mar 19, 2009.

1. Seismic

Seismic Guest

My paladin:

110 Swords
    100 Parry
    100 Anat
    100 Tactics
    100 Resist
    90 Healing
    85 Chiv

Weird question: I never play him so I want to use the char to hold skills to swap for other characters that I actually play.

It's been SO long since I played him that I can't remember too well if Parry is easy to raise back up to GM or not, in case I ever want to use a warrior again.

I'm going to keep the 110 Swords, since that seemed to take awhile, and *maybe* GM tactics since it takes awhile to go 90-100. Should I keep Parry or not? I'd like to keep just 2 on the char..

Thanks

2. gjohnson5

gjohnson5 Guest

The yew sheep farm is by far the most convenient way of doing this. Yes it builds easy. The problem for me is it effectiveness after you hi 120. IMHO it should be better

3. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

In the past I've been able to work it from 0-120 in 4 hours. Lately I've seen posts of people having difficulty with it.

4. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

Parry is just about the easiest skill to raise. It's easier than focus. just get a bunch of sheep to attack you, make sure you're not holding a weapon you're skilled with, throw on some crappy suit with decent phys resist (GM spined leather) and have high regen or some way to heal. you want them to be doing 1 damage per hit. Then just sit there.

only thing that effects parry skill gain is number of times you get hit, does not depend on skill level of the fighter.

5. gjohnson5

gjohnson5 Guest

IMHO the skill needs more effectiveness once raised to 120