1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Odd Runebook

Discussion in 'UO Rares Collector' started by Angel of Sonoma, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Angel of Sonoma

Angel of Sonoma Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Anyone have any info about the runebook in the pic? It weighs 7 stones as opposed to the standard 1 stone all other runebooks weigh. It is also missing the Exceptional tag which you would normally see on a runebook with 20 charges.

upload_2015-9-22_18-3-14.png

2. Deaol

Deaol Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

I have a few odd runebooks like this myself, one was infact made by an EM that has a weight of 20 stones, and another that has a weight of 12 stones that acts like a container when placed on a vendor only. I would try placing it on a vendor and seeing if you can open it like a container. Mine shows nothing inside and when opened and displays a leather bag style graphic.

BrianFreud likes this.
  3. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

There was a bug a very very long time ago that let us drop stuff into our runebooks that didn't belong there (ie: items that were not runes). It was fixed rather quickly but maybe your books still hold some ancient treasure!

BrianFreud likes this.
  4. Angel of Sonoma

Angel of Sonoma Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

i placed the runebook on a vendor and it didn't do anything when i doubleclicked it. it didn't open a container. i wonder if the devs fixed it?

5. Assia Penryn

Assia Penryn The Sleeping Dragon
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Yeah, what flutter said. At one point you could add non-rune items to a runebook. I don't know if a GM or Dev could "remove" those items or not.

Flutter likes this.