1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Odd wisp behavior in Alternate Glow?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Nosuperiors_Damnfewequals, May 16, 2008.

1. Dropped into Moonglow this evening, to do a little stealthing around and see what was dropping. While I was hidden, and stealthing, one of the dark wisps got in my hip pocket and followed me around, the entire time I was there! Same as a necro summoned wisp will follow his master, this wisp never left me, yet never revealed me. Kinda freaky :p

Just one of those odd things, anyone else ever have a similar experience?

2. BartofCats

BartofCats Guest

yes. this happens when you recall out or go through the gate when one has your butt targeted... its even more freaky when you have a berzerker doing the same thing. Why the monters cant loose their target when your no where to be seen is another story... probably has something to do with the "ten-year-old-code" (<-- new excuse of '08) messing things up.

3. xStrikerx

xStrikerx Guest

Recoding the entire game would probably make it run faster and fix tons of bugs. Too bad this is time consuming. I also wouldnt trust them based on the way KR turned out.

4. Azureal

Azureal Guest

Not to derail/sound stupid, but how do you get to this alternate Moonglow? Are there a series of pre-quests to do first, or is there a gate you just pop through?

5. Magnus

Magnus Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

In Moonglow, there is a gate in which you'll go through to get in, Trammel only.

6. Azureal

Azureal Guest

Awesome, thanks.

Anyone got a link to some infor about whats through the gate? A quick search on Stratics doesnt bring anything up for me.

7. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

A small circular section of Moonglow around the bank, healer's and hedge teleporters that contains the following:

Ethereal Warriors
    Dark Wisps (and their summons)
    Fetid Essences
    Berserker Daemons
    Shadowlords (Ethereal Form)

Also in Dark Moonglow, Blackrock seems to have a helpful effect in attacking said creatures, and can be used to cause considerable percentage damage to a Shadowlord via the Armageddon spell. The Cloak of Corruption you get from Shadowlords drains your HP/Mana/Stam in the real world, but regenerates them in Dark Moonglow.

You get the the following special loot:

Planeshield, Planesword: Dropped by ethereal warriors one or the other on each one.
    Thread of Life/Fate: Dark Wisps, rare drop
    Paragon chests: Dark Wisps, uncommon drop
    Cloak of Corruption: Shadowlords: Three per SL one each to the top 3 damagers

To my knowledge, the Fetids drop nothing and cause Deadly or Lethal poison on hitting you pretty easily, so be careful around them. I try to steer clear as they are pretty pointless to begin with.

8. Azureal

Azureal Guest

Hmm. Gonna have to take my bard/mage there and see what I can get. Im off to the Hunters Guide to check some of these mobs out.

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!