1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

ODS Fishing Tourney Results

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by ohiohi, Nov 23, 2010.

1. ohiohi

ohiohi Guest

Congrats to all the winners and thank you all who participated. It turned out better than expected for our first event ever. 24 big fish were weighed and the results are:

10th place Carvin Marvin 162 stones

9th place Chopper 164 stones

8th place Kariny Strongstorm 164 stones

7th place Elmo-mos 166 stones

6th place Magic Sellar 167 stones

5th place Poison Ivy 167 stones

4th place Spot Stealer 169 stones

3rd place Dreamy 177 stones

2nd place Sosarian Bane 179 stones

1st place Bro 200 stone

Our next tourney will be in december and we will post details once they are final. Hope to see ya all at the next one.

Attached Files:

2. Murdok

Murdok Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

blaa I spent all morning fishing...... even got a 188 stone fish but got tied up stringing up christmas lights when the weighin went on! Next month I will win!! I found a honeyhole!

3. ohiohi

ohiohi Guest

That sucks. Ya would of got 2nd place. We are working on the details of the next tourney and will post them here when they are final. There were some big fish, first time i ever seen a 200 stone fish. Good luck next month.

4. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I am impressed, 200 stones ? Wow. Congratulations to the winner.

They are all good catches, though, I have been fishing a whole lot as of lately and I can see how tough it is to pull up a heavy big fish.

By the way, are there baits for big fishes ? Or is there any fisherman's trick to increase the odds to pull up one of these guys ?

5. ohiohi

ohiohi Guest

Yes there are bait for some of the big fish but I am not sure if it works. I was suprised to see some of the big fish. We weighed in mostly yellowtail barracuda and regular big fish but there were a few others such as a reaper fish, mud puppy, and red herring. I am excited to think what the next tourney will bring. That 200 stone barracuda is gonna be hard to beat.

6. Mark_Mythic

Mark_Mythic UO Legend
    VIP Stratics Veteran

Gratz to the winners!

Bait works, it just isn't a silver bullet.

The chance of catching the specific fish goes from lottery-odds to very-hard when you use bait. (Those aren't exact numbers.)