1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

(Question) Of the trades available, Which would you recommend focusing on first.

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by DungHook, Mar 29, 2014.

1. DungHook

DungHook Adventurer

OK
    I'm a returned, returning Player and am set on Siege Perilous. There is much I like about Siege. Also I enjoy lite RP.

(Template) I would like to start a crafter.

Of the trades available, Lumberjack, Miner, Blacksmith,Tailor and so on and so fourth. Which would you recommend focusing on first.

2. Hattori Hanzo

Hattori Hanzo Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Alumni TnT/TnA

3. DungHook

DungHook Adventurer

Tailor, well that is interesting I was leaning toward mining,tinker.
    Tinker to make tools then miner to supply the needs of my tinker.

I could start off with Tailor, fetching cloth and leather would be simple enough I think. Anyway

This will be a New character on a new account in a new shard (Siege Perilous). I was hoping to get off on the right foot.

4. Barania

Barania Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I'd also go with tailor and mix in mining and smith if you have template room. Cloth is easy to get in various ways. Be sure to max out arms lore and imbuing is something to look at. Good luck.

Jack Nickelson

DungHook likes this.
  5. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

Whatever your temp, you should be working your skills together, that way once you hit RoT you can log in, grab your gains on all skills and log out.

6. Bo Bo

Bo Bo Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

magery cause without you will spent alot of time running to get your resources.

7. Hoffs

Hoffs Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

You will also really need arms lore for your tailoring, at least if you plan on selling suits. And imbuing is a particularly useful skill to have. Basic leather suits are not in great demand, but imbued ones are.

8. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

If you want to stay busy and earn some nice coins you could go for a public shard imbuer. That seat has yet to be filled.
    That would mean taking imbuing orders from everyone.
    If you left before imbuing was implemented, here´s a link to some info: http://uo2.stratics.com/skill-guides/skills-and-professions/imbuing

If that is not for you then I recommend to go with the skills that you´d enjoy playing.
    Welcome to Siege.

9. Boondocker

Boondocker Adventurer

I think I need to look more into this ROt.

10. Boondocker

Boondocker Adventurer

yes I left before I'm not sure what you just said but it does sound really interesting I'm going to look into it thank you

11. RueTor

RueTor Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

"...(Template) I would like to start a crafter..."

Assuming only one account and no Soul Stones... I would go with a cheap self sufficient starter template:

Tailor 120 (you will become a Soul Stone addict later and swap out trade skills)
    Arms Lore 100 (extra bonus from crafting)
    Imbuing 100 (eventually you will want more for crafting)(unravel for gains)
    Magery 72 (eventually imbue ring and brace with total of 26 for 98 enough to gate around)
    Med or Focus 74 (eventually imbue ring and brace with total of 26 for 100)(mana regen)
    Eval or Myst 74 (Eventually imbue ring and brace with total of 26 for 100)
    Stealth 80
    Hiding 100

You will be able stealth in almost any area (no passive detect on Siege), cast an EV or RC (few attempts ~50% @ 100), hide or invis, and collect your resources. RCs are very powerful at max focus or imbue. Either a msyt or mage will allow you to heal while gathering. A pure crafter can have a hard time gathering resources or gold to support their craft. Once you figure out the land and the markets, fine tune things.

Boondocker likes this.