1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Off topic: Tim Russert dies of heart attack

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Fangs McWolf, Jun 13, 2008.

1. Fangs McWolf

Fangs McWolf Guest

Passed away Friday afternoon at his work.

2. Elga

Elga Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I just heard, that is sad, only 58.:(

3. Who is "Tim Russer"?

4. Fangs McWolf

Fangs McWolf Guest

No idea who "Tim Russer" is, but Tim Russert was the host of NBC's "Meet the Press" and was a well respected political reporter and mediator.

5. OH right, i DID hear about that. It was really sad to watch the story they showed on the TV stations. I could't watch the news, cuz that's all that was on!

6. Stubby

Stubby Guest

He will be missed! I always enjoyed his commentaries during the presidential elections and during times of political "stuff". Well, I guess no little dry erase board this year to try to keep count of the presidential votes.:sad4:

7. are we getting into a political arguement here? If so, PLEASE just start another thread.:flame: *the last smiley is just my favorite one*

8. Fangs McWolf

Fangs McWolf Guest

No. Stubby was just mentioning a couple of things that Russert was known for doing. It was his job and was factual, not politically biased. He was well respected for it too, because you knew he'd keep his personal beliefs and views out of things and give you only the truth.

I may be wrong on this but I think he was a republican. Despite that, from what I've seen of his coverage of the upcoming election, he's been quite candid in pointing out that Obama has a good chance of defeating McCain. He's also made points to the contrary, but all his points were based on polls and events.

9. Okay, i'll believe you this time! LOL! :bs: Sigh, I do agree though that he will be missed...

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!