1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Bowcraft/Fletching] Oh Fukiya, ...

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by imperterritus, Sep 29, 2009.

1. "Oh Fukiya, don't you cry for me! For I've been to New Haven Wood with my fletch kit on my knee."

My woodsman just gained about 3.5 bowcraft points making fukiya in New Haven. With skill in the low 50s, it's a wonderful thing to make for skill gain, except that it is one of the most frustrating things to craft.

Upsides -- very good skill gain
    -- no resources wasted

Downsides -- no Arms Lore check
    -- time consuming, so slow Lumberjack skill gain
    -- procedure
    --- 1) begin with a pile of logs or boards on ground next to you
    --- 2) pick up one log and place in backpack
    --- 3) from fletcher gump, click Make Last until fukiya results
    --- 4) repeat 2) and 3) until all logs are gone

I'm using the Advanced Client. Is there any way to make a macro for this? The reason this process is complicated is that making fukiyas will use up all the logs in your backpack in one swoop. An unnumbered stack of, say, 80, fukiya result. So to get all the skill checks from 80 logs, you have to do one at a time.

Sigh. If no way to automate this, I think at my skill level I'm better off making regular bows. I'd gain in Arms Lore, and I'd Lumberjack more often, meaning more LJ gains.

For anyone interested, my woodsman is an elf, with the following goal template:

100: Bowcraft, Carpentry, Arms Lore, Lumberjacking
    80: Blacksmithing
    75: Magery, Tailoring
    50: Tinkering
    45 Music

(The Carpentry skill requires all those non-GM skills to craft all of it's items.)

2. Silverbird

Silverbird Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

You could start to work on heartwood quests for bows. With some luck you might catch a good talisman for later use and get the bowyer recipes for free.

3. Yes, he'll be doing most of his bowcraft in Heartwood. Wood Yew is only 3 days old, and he's waiting for his pack mule to bond before venturing far from New Haven.