1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Ok, a little OT here but...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by GarthGrey, Oct 3, 2008.

1. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

Lego Batman the Videogame= awesome, well, according to my 5 yr old..

2. Pojman5

Pojman5 Guest

My son plays Dungeons and Dragons with me and my group. I raise my children hardcore.

3. ZippyTwitch

ZippyTwitch Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

This game does look cool. But thread will prob get moved soon.

D&D = raising a kid hardcore? Um sorry to say you have no idea what hardcore is.:p

4. ZippyTwitch

ZippyTwitch Lore Keeper

This is funny as hell. This thread got moved like 1 minute after I posted that last post. Hehe

5. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

If you want to go on a complexity rating D&D, or any of the Palladium based games are Hardcore. To start off with you actually have to think and use your imagination while playing, no one has drawn out the world in front of you. The DM's descriptions only go so far and to truly immerse yourself your going to to have to fill in the blanks with your own mind.

As much as I like playing UO hitting 120 in a skill is nothing compared to hitting 15th level with a cleric, or you and a group taking down a dragon (well if the Dragon is played properly that is).

If you don't think D&D and similar Tabletop RPG's aren't hardcore you've been playing with the wrong group...let me give you an example...

Say you were setting out to kill a dragon...you'd need the following.

300 hired henchmen to exhaust the usage of breath weapons, and spell the dragon has, and to keep the dragons followers at bay while you do the deed.

A high level cleric to heal wounds throughout the battle, and a mage capable of casting defensive magic to counter items the dragon can use out of it's horde.

You'd have to pray the DM didn't either think of or he failed his check to see if the dragon was involved with the Cult of the Dragon and took steps to insure that upon death it would begin the transformation into a Draco Lich

When the Beast Dies, you'd have to hope you survive the death throws..something the size of the average house doing the funky chicken on the ground can quite the mess.

If it becomes a Draco Lich hope your far far away at that moment or have claimed the phylactery as if it has immediate access to it's original body it doesn't suffer the majority of the temporary penalties for transformation. If your not that lucky I hope you realize they don't have a limit on Breath Weapon usage per day after that.

Kinda makes hitting one 4 times with a kryss sound kinda lame huh.......

6. monnie101

monnie101 Guest

The McDonald's Toy is kool too! I like the joker.

7. ZippyTwitch

ZippyTwitch Lore Keeper

D&D and other tabletop games...None are hardcore. As a matter of fact no game in the world is hardcore. You gotta know the meaning of the word hardcore first. Btw a lvl 15 cleric is easy to get to in D&D.

8. monnie101

monnie101 Guest

I sense an epine being waved :p Come on you know what they meant. Believe me their are hardcore games. I have played much of them. UO itself is a hardcore game.