1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Ok devs...fix bugs already?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Lord Chaos, May 23, 2010.

1. Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos Always Present
    Stratics Veteran

Today I was the unfortunate victim of both the insurance/bless and corpse bug at the same time.

So everything dropped to my corpse and the corpse insta-decayed, as neither me, nor anyone with me could see it anymore, even tried recalling out and back over server line, logging out and in...nothing.

Everything, even blessed items, runebooks and all insured items gone, my character was naked with nothing.

Tried to get a GM, but of course got the usual canned "Your call is important to us, thank you for your patience!" :p and a "Sorry, can't replace items, kthxbye"

Honestly, either fix the bugs or instate some sort of item tracking system like other MMOs have.

2. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

You tried the "show all" macro?

3. RawHeadRex

RawHeadRex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

honestly ... it was prolly all your 'pro-scripting' posts that did it :popcorn:

4. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

could explain a lack of screenshots...

well, to the OP, unless you were whacked by the Harry, that's ****ed up. where, and how did you exactly die though?

5. Babble

Babble Guest

Maybe it is EA'S idea of a classic shard?
    :p

Bugs happen and as they could not find the insurance bug the last few years I doubt it will get fixed.

6. Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos Always Present
    Stratics Veteran

Destard, we were getting dragon scales and I got blasted by 2 Greater Dragons and a Dragon while running.

Yes, I tried AllNames and CTRL-SHIFT, so did both the others with me, no body.

That would have been less of a deal if every hadn't dropped to the corpse.

No, I did not take a screenshot, I don't think a screenshot of my naked char would prove anything if you didn't believe my words already.

7. Violence

Violence Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Re:

I'm not going to point fingers but I have to add a couple of things:

There are scripts for harvesting resources, including Dragon Scales if the scripter so desires, not necessarily referring to un-attended actions either.

There also are and have always been scripts who will disable your character's insurance without you realizing, there have been scripts out there supposedly to help players with various tasks but which would un-dress your character at certain points and place everything on the floor, not to mention badly written ones could have such side-effects from mistakes made by the user, during configuration or later by confusion.

The dangers of using a script downloaded from the Net are numerous apart from the obvious, and I'm somewhat inclined to believe that since you defend scripting(cheating, in other words) so vigorously and vocally there is a CHANCE you're cheating. Indeed a lack of screen-shots is suspicious as well IMHO.

Just saying. rolleyes:

Other than that I'm very sorry for your loss either way, it's no small thing. If you do come up with something along the lines that it's EA/M's "mistake" for making tasks such as those you take up, too tedious, you'll be crossing a big fat line. I've got to tell you this.

8. longshanks

longshanks Guest

Ain't Karma a Biatch.