1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Ok Devs (or Jeremy), Time to Fess Up

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Connor_Graham, Jun 30, 2008.

1. Come on, you can admit it now. Ya'll changed the drop rate of the Miasma paragon chests. It's ok if ya did, we'll adapt, just own up to it. rolleyes:

And if you didn't change it, well then something got borked along the way. I've actually gotten more minor artifact drops than I have paragon chests over the past week or so, which had a drop rate that was sad to begin with. :wall:

2. silent

silent Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Conner it will go something like this:

You see when we changed the type of fish the fish monger in Britain sells it must have altered the drop rate of paragon chests, sorry.

3. BartofCats

BartofCats Guest

are you sure they didnt change it back?? I popped 3 chests this morning after getting them this morning and they were all ingenious maps inside.

and i was only there for an hour.

4. packrat

packrat Guest

I know on Napa it has changed. I use to do these and now you are lucky to get one in an hour. I don't waste my time anymore..

kRUXCg7 likes this.
  5. You used to be able to count on getting at least one chest per 2 backpacks full of gold or so. The map type has never changed, just the freqency of the drops. That has changed drastically.

6. Any chance of a comment on this, or even possibly an FoF response?

7. Jeremy

Jeremy Guest

I haven't seen any drop-rate-change notes anywhere, no.

8. Then something unintentional must have happened because the drop rate has changed by about 75%. This is after quite a few hours of testing. Could we possibly talk you into checking into this or getting someone to do so? It's been this way for about 2 weeks now, and coincided with one of the patches if I remember correctly.

9. gandolfofaol

gandolfofaol Guest

Maybe its shard specific Connor becasue I got 4 chests this morning in about 30 mins of miasma pet training.

10. Theo_GL

Theo_GL Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

*Runs to Labryinth*
    *Kills 6 Miasma*
    *Gets 2 Chests*

*Shrug*

Seems fine to me.

11. That does happen on very rare occasions thanks to the RNG, but overall, the drop rate has changed, and I don't think it's just Pacific because other players from other shards have reported the same findings.

kRUXCg7 likes this.
  12. Madrid

Madrid Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

It hasn't changed on Sonoma. I've had streaks where you may not get one for awhile and then luck streaks where you get 2 or 3 in a matter of a few kills. I went 2 days ago and there was another party there with gold littered on the floor and chests scattered all over the place.

I've had runs where I've spent over an hour and gotten nothing and I've also had runs where I was there for 10 mins and gotten 4 or 5.

But I haven't noticed a change....at least on Sonoma.

13. Theo_GL

Theo_GL Grand Poobah

*Kills 5 more*
    *Gets 1 more Chest*

Thats 11 Miasma and 3 chests (aggy, copper, bronze)

14. Wiseguy

Wiseguy Guest

Seems about normal. I don't notice a change. I still get chests now and then.

15. Wiseguy

Wiseguy Guest

Madrid
    You must be the guy that I see there from time to time, with the same name ;)

16. I've killed several hundred Miasmas over the course of the past 2 weeks, and have been lucky to get 1 chest per hour, where before I would get at least 1 chest per 2 (normally only 1) backpack loads of gold. I can understand streakiness in the RNG, but having it happen over a 2 week period indicates that something could be wrong.

17. Theo_GL

Theo_GL Grand Poobah

6 more... 1 more chest...

17 and 4 chests... 20-25% drop rate from limited testing

18. Bman

Bman Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Going to have to say for LS, the drop rate does not seem to have changed.. I still pull about 5 - 10 an hour...

19. chad

chad Sage
    Stratics Veteran

whats in these miasma chests?

20. Madrid

Madrid Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Level 6 Map that can be turned in for 1000 points in the spring clean up.:thumbup1: