1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

OK, does anybody want to help me out with all these guilds?

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by degamra, Oct 8, 2008.

1. degamra

degamra Guest

I met up with two or three NEW members but I'm too busy working my skills up to join them. I played UO for many years but never on Siege Perilous so I don't know who all of these guilds are. Would someone care to give a list of the big ones and what they are like (ie tamer heavy, cool people, tend to pvm and/or pvp, etc.) I really want to enjoy the community aspect of UO again but without Mondain's Legacy, it seems there is not much love in the old world.

So far, I think I've only seen GIL/TnT/NEW.

By the way, how am I doing so far? Got 74.2 Inscription/Resist/Wrestling (unlocked), 77.0 Med (locked), 83.3 Eval (locked), 87.1 Magery (locked). I am planning on working the Inscription/Resist/Wrestling up to 77, unlocking the Med, working Inscription/Resist/Wrestling/Med up to 83.3, etc. until everything is at 87.1 and work from there. I already have 90/40/100 stats.

2. Czarina

Czarina Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

do you want to pvp or not that will be your main question.

If pvp is not your big thing id look into GIL, NEW, and um wow i cant think of any other non pvp guilds lol.

You can read about GIL at http://www.gilfane.com

3. GoodGuy

GoodGuy Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Honestly, TnT is just as much a farming guild as any other. There are more pvp oriented people in TnT but we do plenty of spawns, have crafters trading, and do everything else in uo and our alliance guild MYTH has plenty of farmers who barely pvp.

4. Czarina

Czarina Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

thats true. i apologize MYTH slipped my mind for some reason. which is bad considering my nieghbor zeb is MYTH hehe.

5. Hoffs

Hoffs Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

There are four main factions on Siege right now. All of them have some element of PvM, PvP and crafting. The biggest difference is probably what 'alignment' you wish to have.

The largest alliance is Circle of Flame which has TnT (Minax) and the non-faction MYTH. They are on the evil side of the fence as many of TnT (and a few MYTH) are PKs.

The second largest alliance is the White Council which features Gilfane, CWS, KSS and a communal faction guild WCB (TB). The WC is strictly on the good side and does not allow evil acts or the PKing of innocents. Because of this, the WC does not contain as many PvPers as the other alliances. It also has an RP, or semi-RP, leaning.

Thirdly is the HHSF alliance which includes the faction guild JSV (TB) and several non-faction guilds, the largest of which are C8V and SS. They are also on the good side, although perhaps not quite as rigid as the WC.

Finally there comes the Keepers of Chaos (SL), a faction guild who have been around in one form or another for several years as the face of true evil on Siege. Man for man they probably have the best PvPers on the shard of any of the top guilds/alliances. Membership is by invitation only.

Apart from those, three other guilds feature in the top ten on Siege:

DTA are based around crafting and trade and try to maintain a neutral outlook to all other guilds and players.

Arc-en-ciel is a Japanese guild so of little interest to you.

NEW is a special guild run by Lady Shalimar. It is designed for newcomers to the shard and helps them out with basic equipment, advice, a guildhouse in which to train, SOME protection for PKs and the presence of other players in the same position. You can join NEW for around a month. You are still eligible to join them, but I'm not sure you really need to now.

Good luck on finding a guild.

6. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

nice jerb :p

7. Mogluk

Mogluk Guest

har!!!! guud ash!!!!

8. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Guest

This is Elmer Fudd, Curently Holding the Gm Tag above my head for KoC.
    Hoff's Is right, TnT and Myth and others will take anyone really, If you prove your metal and skills on the field enough for us to notice, we will watch,

Attitude is everything, the people that make excuse;s for everything..(and theres alot of them on siege) we dont ever want ya, its a lost cause, theres folks who wanna be very good, and people who make excuse why there not, thats yer two main trypes of Pvp guilds on siege...

I hope you have good luck with your search,

9. CroakerTnT

CroakerTnT Guest

Wow, that's a nice summary by Hoffs, and I think it's right.

Unless you are big into RP, I don't think "alignment" is that important. IMHO, the most important thing is enjoying your guildmates. Can you stand to be in vent with them? Will they help out when you need a rez? Will they help you with advice or stuff or selling you stuff cheap? Do they readily join in when you want to go farming/spawning/pk'ing/pvp'ing/etc?

The best way is to spend a couple weeks hanging around with people in various guilds. Be sure to get into vent with them, so you can hear how they treat each other. Then join the guild you are the most comfortable with.

10. Mook Chessy

Mook Chessy Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

For what its worth I am also a long time UO player that moved to Siege a month ago and joined Myth/TNT and I am very happy! Their Vent is the most mature I have ever been in and the members have all be very helpful.
    Hope this helps...see ya ingame!

11. Mogluk

Mogluk Guest

I have found the RP parts of GIL to be fun, even to the part of intigrating old style RP house among the ranks..... more to come....

12. degamra

degamra Guest

Exactly what I was looking for. Couldn't I be the token white guy who speaks a few words of Japanese in Arc-en-ciel?

Anyway, thanks. I definitely want a group of mature people that I feel will support me if I support them in pvm/pvp; I rarely find that kind of guild support in an MMO, to be honest. I don't have any plans to be a PK or thief but I don't want a guild who is going to hate on me for PKing someone if they were being a total jerkoff. This is UO and that's why UO is great; if someone is messing with you outside of the guard zones, you can push right back and take their loots.

13. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

The Dark Outlaws, TDO is a small RP guild on the evil side.

We are looking for Outlaws, Brigands, Highwayman, Rogues and Vagrants to build our little community of Outlaws. We need both roleplaying PK's and peaceful Outlaws in our group to build a community.
    The guild will also offer a home for miserable who get no help from Lord Britich and the rich in the towns.

Read more here: http://frejasp.dk/EvilRP/viewforum.php?f=3

14. AlaricSP

AlaricSP Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Great Summary by Hoffs!!!

All of the Guilds on SP are great. This is the best shard to be on.

One big happy family. Black sheep and all!

15. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Should be create a "Guilds of Siege" thread for this forum? Shalamar made one for the NEW forum, where GM's can post a description of their guild, recruitment policies, contact information, etc. A lot of our long term members came from new after reading that forum and studying up on the various guilds.

It might be nice to have something similar here, for returning players and those who choose to go it alone when they start here. :)

16. Hoffs

Stratics Veteran Gilfane

I think that would be a good idea. Many people reach the end of their NEW stint without any idea of which guild to join. When they ask for information about the various guilds there is very little to point them to as only one or two have a website/forum to look at.

17. Pickles

Pickles Guest

Dey took our jerbs!!!!

18. Zip

Zip Guest

The NEW website has a guild forum. I still think it would be a good idea to have the info here, but here it is: http://siegeperilous.net/new/viewforum.php?f=6

19. degamra

degamra Guest

I'm still waiting to be registered on their forums...I think putting it on here is a better idea.

20. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Could a mod create a "Guilds of Siege" thread, please? Or perhaps a leader of NEW... and we can post from there? I think it might be a good idea to have NEW listed first, with a description and contact info. Just my 2 cents.

21. Mogluk

Mogluk Guest

agreed *goes to figure out how to sticky a thread*

22. T'Challa

T'Challa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Six of 'em aren't enough??? JEEZ!

*edit* By the way, NEW is mentioned in at least two of the six anyway...

23. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Mo, I will do some mojo and make room...

24. degamra

degamra Guest

Also, where the hell is everyone on this server? I know I don't have Mondain's Legacy but damn...

25. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Unfortunately, Luna is always the hotspot on this shard. It's a bit of a cesspool, so beware. Be on the lookout for thieves, bank-bombers, reds who like to play russian roulette with the guards while attacking blues, etc. If you're not quite prepared to fight to save it, don't take anything there you do not want to lose and avoid going afk there, hidden or otherwise.

You may also find a few people in despise training new characters and the Rat Spawn in Despise is pretty popular! I often see NEW members in Britain and some players can be found in Skara on occasion.

Yew and Trinsic Gates, East Umbra, Makoto and Luna are popular shopping places where you may run into other players.

The best way to find some actual company is to find a guild you're interested in and see if you can hang out with them and get to know them. The larger guilds have a Vent server and that will give you the opportunity to REALLY see what the guild is like. :)

26. Skylark SP

Skylark SP Available Storage: 0
    Stratics Veteran

Seems like that type of info could just be incorporated into the Siege FAQ sticky, and updated as needed.

-Skylark

27. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

There's a guild recruitment sticky on Europa, I can copy that over here, suitably edited, if that would suit?

28. Petra Fyde

sticky made, post away.

29. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Great post... you need to mention 2 other guilds though.

Freja's and...

Thief - main thief guild... mainly located in Barter Town just north of Minoc

There are handfuls of smaller guilds too and personally, I'd love to see them grow to the size of our 4 main factions... competition is great :)

30. Petra Fyde

I bumped this to draw attention to the sticky I made, that Kat asked for, in the hopes that all the guilds mentioned by Hoffs, and any others interested, would post in it.

31. Hoffs

Stratics Veteran Gilfane

Yes, wasn't deliberately ignoring the smaller guilds, just answering the OP's request for info on the larger guilds.

32. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Not criticizing at all... cause your post was great as is.

Just wanted to mention Thief too.

33. Hattori Hanzo

Hattori Hanzo Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Alumni TnT/TnA

Glad your questions were answered. I would like to offer a slightly different view than Fudd had on one thing. TNT / MYTH won't take "anyone really" though he is close in a way. We are much more descriminate about a player's character than his or her PVP ability. So in a sense, Fudd is right, we will take the least skilled player if he or she has something to contribute to our guild community.

34. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

RATS is an uber elite guild, filled only with the most devestating pvpers and monster slapping pvmers. We own Siege Perilous. Ask anyone.