1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

OK...I Give Up!

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Parsifal, Sep 7, 2009.

1. Parsifal

Parsifal Guest

After many attempts to come to terms with SA; I have decided not to buy the upgrade. I do have one question before I close my lone account: Will non upgraded accounts be allowed to use the armor, deco and weapon items?

I have been playing on this account since 1999....no you cannot have my stuff as it all goes into the trash.

2. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

erm, what exactly are you giving up on, the expansion which isn't out yet, or the enhanced client which you don't have to use if you don't like it?

3. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

You can't wait until tomorrow to find out? :)

4. Otis Firefly

Otis Firefly Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

your seriously going to throw it all into a trash can?? ACK

5. Phaen Grey

Phaen Grey Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

From my experience with past expansions, the lands, skills/races are what are blocked from use. If an item can only be obtained in the lands then that would be blocked also. Since I have only seen new Gargoyle armor and weapons without an expansion you can't make a Gargoyle so therefore have no need of the armor or weapons. Craftables for sale in Luna for example, I would assume can by bought and used by anyone.

6. Demonous

Demonous Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

people that threaten to quit uo because of an expansion annoy me

7. Mitzlplik_SP

Mitzlplik_SP Guest

You are quite misinformed if your quitting because of SA.
    If you bothered to read any of the info here or on the herald in the past year or so, you would know that SA content is also accesable in 2d.

8. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Ok, don't buy the expansion. Just keep playing the way you have been playing...
    Why quit playing if you don't want to upgrade?

By not upgrading you just wont get access to the new lands, skills, etc. I think you might get to use the new items if you can obtain them from others though?

9. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

IMHO I think, he thinks the client is the expansion and you will not be able to use the 2D client in it. Hope he comes back and checks on his post before do something rash.

10. Green Mouser

Green Mouser Guest

Chow, go become a Leveler

11. Yalp

Yalp Guest

I don't believe you have access to Ter Mur with all it's new monsters, lootable items, skills, etc.. if you don't upgrade. (I think someone will catch me if I am wrong).

Will you be able to wear the new armor, weapons? Again.. how can you.. the "new stuff" meaning I think, the imbued stuff... is Garg only Race wearable. If you don't upgrade how can you have a garg to wear it? (again, catch me if I am wrong).

The new throwing skill is Gargoyle only race.

The new imbuing skill has to be worked at a soul forge to gain. Right now the only soul forge in the game is located in Ter Mur, which I believe you won't be able to get to. Players will be able to make soul forges for their personal houses when they reach a certain skill, but I am not sure when that will happen since I think it's pretty high .. 70 or so? (again, someone catch me if I am wrong).

The new craftables for tinkering, etc.. I don't know on those.. perhaps the menu will say, must have SA upgrade to work, like it did with ML. (someone catch me if I am wrong).

And so it goes on like that.

What you WILL have access to (without paying for any upgrade) is the new client.. formerly called SA, now called the enhanced client with it's new graphics, UI, macros, etc.

AND if you do not choose to download the new CLIENT, but you do upgrade your account, you will have access via 2d Client to all the new SA goodies.

Someone one catch me, did I get that right?

12. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Agree with the Garg stuff, but I hope like all get out that my other accounts will be able to wear the imbued stuff that will be for human and elves. If not then oh dodo, i am screwed. Will wait to upgrade to make sure.

13. shanshu

shanshu Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

There, fixed that for you.

14. Phaen Grey

Phaen Grey Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Imbuing earrings or necklaces will make them gargoyle only, however any other piece of armor, jewelery or weaponry that is usable by Humans/Elves remains so after imbuing, and most older items can be converted for use by gargoyles.

15. Yalp

Yalp Guest

thanks!

16. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

But if it says "Imbued" on it will non upgraded accounts be able to use it?

17. Green Mouser

Green Mouser Guest

i enjoy my english version :p

18. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

So did you dislike UO before? Cause if not, nothing changes for you, and you get a huge new area to mess around in.

19. BlissMarie

BlissMarie Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

No don't! You know better - please!
    Wait, give it some time, okay?

BlissMarie

20. Splup

Splup Guest

What I don't get it trashing your items.

I can see the point in giving the items to others (Helping the community that helped you in your early days). But I didn't even do that when I quit, why? Cause I knew I will be back, and here I am.

When I quit again, I won't still give my items cause I will prolly be back again at some point. And I say When I quit, since I know I need breaks from games sometimes.

21. Beer_Cayse

Beer_Cayse Guest

you didn't respond to anyone with valid questions ... buh-bye!

22. Goldberg-Chessy

Goldberg-Chessy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Why are you still here? How did you stay through all the past expansions?

You mean to say that you have come to terms with ML and KR? Hrmmmmmm...

But you still may stay if you can use new items? Hrmmmmm...

Please stay!! The rest of us longtime, oldschool Uo players need more reasonable, dedicated players such as yourself.

23. Berethrain

Berethrain Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Doubtful. Take it easy.