1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

OK, I'll ask...

Discussion in 'UO Catskills' started by Aang, Jun 18, 2008.

1. Aang

Aang Guest

Who's the genius that decided to combine all the trade forums? Wasn't there a big vote on UHall once upon a time and combining the trade forums was OVERWHELMINGLY voted down? I'm sorry but I hate having to scroll through 80 posts for Atlantic to find 1 Catskills post. My finger is all sore from holding down my arrow key. Seriously.:sad2:

2. Mish o sha

Mish o sha Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Thirded:gun:

3. Shotgun

Shotgun Guest

like they care what we think or want? they didnt even ask us if we wanted new forums, they just "crashed" the old ones and stuck us with these. makes you wonder if EA took over the forums too cuz its starting to feel like it.

4. Gildar

Gildar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

*points to the word "temporary" in the title for the forums*
    If there's something not here that you want, send an e-mail to the admins asking for it giving a reason why it would be beneficial.

The old forums broke. Unexpectedly. The move to UBB wasn't ready yet. Lots of people have been asking for it though for a while now, both amongst staff and regular users. We may be missing forums, but last I knew there were some other games that are missing main sites... which takes a precidence over adding some extra trade forums I think.

5. Aang

Aang Guest

What odds do you want to lay me that the "extra" trade forums don't ever come back? Call my cynical but I think what we see is what we will get.

6. _zigzag_

_zigzag_ Sage
    Stratics Veteran

The move to VBB was indeed pushed forward due to the server/data issues we had, so we didn't really get to properly introduce the new setup. These still are temporary forums in the sense that the structure overall is not complete, but we are staying with this forum software.

We want to explore the new features VBB offers, and one of them is the ability to use a prefix for a post. This actually allows for easier posting once you're used to it, and with the 'search' dropdown at the top of the page it's easy to weed out the threads you don't want to see.

Understand I'm not arguing with your opinion - just sharing that once we get used to the new stuff we have with VBB, things will be ok :)

7. _zigzag_

_zigzag_ Sage
    Stratics Veteran

We do value everyone's input :) If anyone has any ideas, suggestions, or anything...pm me.

Again, the move to this forum software was planned...we didn't 'crash' the old ones and no, EA didn't take over the forums :D

8. Giggles

Giggles Forum Administrator
    Administrator Moderator Professional Stratics Veteran Social Media Liaison Campaign Supporter The Squirrel Empire

I like the new forums. I just miss the class forums etc.

9. Giggles

Giggles Forum Administrator
    Administrator Moderator Professional Stratics Veteran Social Media Liaison Campaign Supporter The Squirrel Empire

Oh, and it sucks having to scroll down so far from the main page to find the UO forums. Is there anyway to make them at the top since they seem to be the most used by stratics overall?

10. Gildar

Gildar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Bookmark this link:
    http://vboards.stratics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3

11. bill

bill Guest

My question is since they have said they aren't restoring the old forums, are they going to make the search ability available for all the old information in past forums. That was years of information and you could find out anything you wanted to by using the search option. By far the largest source of information in uo was in those forums and it would be a shame to see all of that disappear.

12. Magdalene

Magdalene Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

We (Stratics people, not me personally) are working to restore the content of the old forums, which includes all the FAQs and posts. it's just taking longer than expected to retrieve and repair the old data and to merge it into this new format. but ultimately that's the idea - to bring the old content back and fit it into new software/format.

13. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Aang are you still playing UO? Thought ya quit.

14. Aang

Aang Guest

I quit the "hardcore" playing and sold my second account. I play from time to time mainly for nostalgia's sake but the game doesn't do for me what it used to do.

15. Assia Penryn

Assia Penryn The Sleeping Dragon
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

*huggles Aang*

16. Aang

Aang Guest

And now that Assia left, I will play less :(

17. Assia Penryn

Assia Penryn The Sleeping Dragon
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Awww.... *loves Aang bunches* I'll always be here for ya outside of UO. You're my bud!