1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

OK, Is there a KR download that isn't corrupted or

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Good_Ole_Lefty, Apr 13, 2008.

1. Hang up on patching? It takes a lot of time to download this only to find out each one is either corrupted or hangs up in patching.
  2. Guest

Guest Guest

The latest one I know of is the one on FilePlanet that Supreem put up at the last HoC.

Some issues:

If it's RARed (I don't remember if this one is or not, I THINK it's just the straight EXE) make sure you have the latest version of WinRAR.

if you're using Vista mke sure you run everything as an Administrator.
  3. I tried patching again today and no good. uninstalled, reinstalled, etc.
  4. Guest

Guest Guest

This another issue with KR. It is hard to get. *nods* A good PR move might be be to provide an inexpensive way to get the most up to date version on a CD. I does not cost so much these days to mass produce CDs. Though the mass might be smaller than I like. *sighs*

Maybe a freebe disk at all game stores?
  5. Guest

Guest Guest

KR=dead muhaha
  6. Guest

Guest Guest

Hey! I like my idea.
  7. Guest

Guest Guest

8. Ya, use the one from fileplanet. That was the last one i downloaded. I tried them all.
  9. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Jul 16, 2003
    Free Download Manager was recommended back when KR was released.

It got me a working install on the first try, after 2 days without it failed.
  10. Guest

Guest Guest

Ya, use the one from fileplanet. That was the last one i downloaded. I tried them all.

[/ QUOTE ]Okay. Sounds like your system is choking on the d/l somewhere else then.

Just for drill... give this a try. Update and scan with all your security software (AV, AS, and so on). Run your maintenance tools (CHKDSK, Disk Cleanup, Disk Defragmenter). Then do a Windows Update (make sure you have the latest critical and recommended patches &amp; updates... especially watch for network adapter updates in WU). Double check the chipset and I/O component sites (for your system) to make sure you have the latest drivers that may not be on Windows Update yet. In that order, and don't skip anything (order matters, it really does). All this will improve your overall system performance, not just for KR.

Hope that helps.
  11. Yep, i recommend a download manager. Another issue i had once was that i didnt have enough free disk space when i patched. It looked like the patch was corrupted but instead there wasnt space to decompress it.