1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Ok, so Banning is exciting and all, but...

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Azureal, Aug 3, 2008.

1. Azureal

Azureal Guest

What skills are required to get better quality exceptional spellbooks, with skill and stat increases?

Also, which skills help in the creation of better quality Scrappers Compendiums?

I posted over at Players Corner, but that place is dead.

2. 120 Magery will increase your chances to make Exc spellbooks, with up to 3 mods. The higher your Magery, the better your chances. Someone reported not too long ago that if you overload yourself with +Magery items (Tome of Lost Knowledge & ring/brace) it will increase your chances even more. Of course a high level talisman also directly affects the Exc chance.

3. zeroshade

zeroshade Guest

Magery gives you the chance for stat increases with spellbooks and scrappers.

I forget exactly, but

magery 100 you get a chance for +1 stat
    magery 100.1 - 109.9 chance for +2 stats
    magery 110 - 120 chance for +3 stats

its something like that.

The higher the magery the greater the chance for the stats to show.

4. Azureal

Azureal Guest

If I eat a scroll, then equip +Magery items, does this do the same thing as actual skill? Also, sove Eval Int play any part?

5. Yes, the skill check is done against displayed skill and not real, so using items works just as well.

No, Eval doesn't do anything for Scribes.

6. Azureal

Azureal Guest

This is good news. Thanks folks.

7. Erekose

Erekose Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

OMG! They should make it that when you take the jewels off the mods on the book you made vanish!!

/sarcasm ;)

Hey, if it should apply to Necromancy it should apply to all skills! :danceb:

8. Eslake

Eslake Guest

It doesn't have anything to do with the book being exceptional either.
    Some of my best property books are not.

Scrappers are a different matter tho.

Personally, I wish we had the option to turn OFF the labeling of items we make as exceptional.
    99% of the time it is just visual clutter. I mean which would you rather have?

Spellbook
    Dragon Slayer
    + 9 Spell Damage
    + 6 Intelligence

or

A spellbook of exceptional Quality
    Crafted by SomeoneYouDontEvenKnow
    Dragon Slayer
    + 9 Spell damage
    + 6 Intelligence

9. Doomsday Dragon

Doomsday Dragon Visitor

Last I knew you could turn it off like any other exceptional crafted item.

10. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Well, Duh!!\

You can turn off the Mark this item, when you craft it.
    So you still only have 4 lines of text, instead of 5
    ;)

11. Lady_Mina

Lady_Mina Guest

come on ! crafter marks are cool.

They keep your legacy alive..

You can't have children in UO...but instead you can mark your name on the things you craft.

So when you quit...and people see your name they'll be like 'yeah i used to know her , she was nice'

Of course people with silly names should be forbidden of keeping their legacy alive.

Like 'RHONDA.DK' (no offense , saw you at melissa's last week lol)

12. Surgeries

Surgeries Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

There are only 3 areas that really need evaluation, IMO. They are Taming, Necro, and Discord.

Crafting, albeit a nice diversion from the facts at hand, and about the only one you really have, however weak an argument it presents, often does require more skill than the person actually has, particularly with regard to high end items, to craft exceptional ones.

However...a person that is a crafter can't put on 120 Smithing, then Soulstone it, and keep on crafting Exceptional Items. Nor can they put on a bunch of crafting talismans, and then take them off, and keep crafting exceptional items without the items on.

People should only be able to stable pets that they have actual skill to control...jewelry should not count towards stable slots. That is ridiculous.

People should not be able to Discord a creature using jewelry, and then take that jewelry or item off, and have the effect remain.

People casting Vamp Form should have to keep the items that allow them to cast the spell, or the actual skill itself, in place, for the duration of the spell.

Those are my thoughts on the matter.

But...let me guess...you run a Sampire? I thought so.

You COULD be a little biased in your objectivity...yes?

13. Kith Kanan

Kith Kanan Guest

nope its all or nothing ... and nope I dont run any sampires