1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Ok.. so I have this Bard/T-hunt template...

Discussion in 'UO Bard' started by eekamouse, Mar 5, 2010.

1. eekamouse

eekamouse Guest

I'm actually sort of proud of it. Currently the template is as follows...

110 magery
    90 poison
    100 music
    100 peace
    100 provoke
    100 lockppick
    100 cartography

I have scrolled out the music skills, so my Provoke and Peace are 110+ each with jewelry.

The 110+90 (magery+poison) works nice, because I drop Deadly Poison fields. I basically drop a couple Earth Elementals, dig up a chest, invis myself get some provokes and peace off, and drop DP fields.

I can solo Treasure Hunts up to level 5 easily. Level 6s give me problems. The DP fields do absolutely nothing to the monsters that spawn, and the Earth Elementals get crushed. I usually just lead the mobs away and then log my tamer anytime a mob spawns... usually after rezzing myself. Or, I just do level 6 maps in a group :).

Well... Here's my issue. I think I want to drop Poison, and add Fishing. I can do level 5's without dropping DP fields. It just won't be as fun...

My plan is to drop Magery to 100, and try to get some gear to buff it back up, and then add 100 Fishing.

SO!!! After that wall of text... Should I consider Discord? I don't see where it would really help for fishing and treasure hunts, but I could be missing something.

Any other input is welcome. Thank you.

2. Poo

Poo The Grandest of the PooBah’s
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor 4H

i would drop the peace and pick up disco.

with disco and provo you should have no problem with any of the level 5 and level 6 critters.

granted your gonna have to ring up your skills to 120.

but you fire off a disco and that lowers the critters barding diff, then you can provo them onto each other.

or, what i like to do, pick one critter and disco everything else and provo them all onto that one critter.
    basically use him to kill all the other stuff.

anyways.
    that would be my suggestion.
    drop the peace and pick up provo.
    then scrill up your provo, disco and music to 120 and either get or imbue some equiptment to get you to those caps

hope that helps.

poo

3. Poo

oh

and one other thing.
    ive run with poison on a bard before and i must say that after using it for a while i do NOT put it on bards anymore.

i have it on a lot of mages, but not bards.

everytime the points tick off for the poisen the critter retargets you.
    and if its the one your initially provoed then hes gonna stop fighting the other stuff and come after you.

and it makes peace totally useless cause as soon as they hit the field they lose peace.

4. eekamouse

eekamouse Guest

Ok. That sounds like a plan.... I never thought of using discord to make provoke easier. That should work nice on Krakens and Leviathans too. Do those usually spawn with elementals and other mobs to provoke?

Is this the same Poo that played on Sonoma around the time AoS first came out?

Pretty sure we ran many a champ spawn together, back then...

5. eekamouse

eekamouse Guest

Ah the DP field doesn't do that. I usually provoke the initial spawn and just peace the last mob once or twice while it's being wracked with pain :)

6. Poo

yes it is, and yes i remember you, hehe