1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Ok, this isn't funny...

Discussion in 'UHall' started by StifledArgument, Jun 3, 2009.

1. There is no res anywhere outside of Ice Dungeon, I am about to lose all my stuff, I can't find squat for a healer...real nice...sorry - venting and very ticked

2. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Go out the other entrance. (usually healers close to Wrong)

Call a friend.

Tell us which shard you're on (we may even help).

3. sablestorm

sablestorm Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Actually, there are wandering healers between Ice and Wrong. Just have to stick with it and find one.

4. Hanna

Hanna Guest

Thats why they are called wandering healers. Try doing lower levels of deciet and running(slowly) up three levels through it and then all around ice island just for a rez.

5. Well, that's what I get for jumping in with both feet after being gone a bit...I searched the entire island, no healers...wandering pains in the....

6. use the "help im stuck" function, it'll take you back to brit with enough time to rez, suit up and get back to your stuff

7. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

Next time you do Ice (or some other dungeon), lure a healer to the entrance before you enter the dungeon. If you die, there´s a good chance he´s still near by the entrance area...

8. Great ideas everyone. Also, thanks to a super sweet person who came out there to res me, I found out that out of the exit on the ice, there are no healers, so basically I am a giant nub who should have gone out the other exit

9. LadyNico

LadyNico Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

You asked, you were ably assisted, and you learned something. Sounds like pure win to me. :thumbsup:

10. Harb

Harb Guest

Its OBE now, and super that someone read the post and was able to come res ya! Should it occur again and if you're on Chessie, go out the other exit, head south. If you don't cross a wandering healer, stay on the west side of the mountain range, continuing south. At the foot of the mountains, enter the castle, 2d floor, northern most breezeway, and you'll find an Ankh of Sacrifice available 24/7. Its a little less than a minutes sprint from the exit. Don't forget, there's a 1 hour "penalty" before using it again with the same character.

11. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

On ice island I just go southeast around the mountain and use the shrine. It never wanders. :)

12. I remember the first time ever that i died i wandered around for days because i never knew how to get ressed :p

13. AesSedai

AesSedai Guest

- You too eh? :)
    ;)

14. Snakeman

Snakeman UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Kinda like you hear these words in your head:

[​IMG]

Did that myself for 2 hrs :D

15. haha :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

16. Maps in KR show healer locations when you die... AND the location of your body! Very handy in stacks of corpses.

17. This would be a good time to start thinking about raising your Sacrifice virtue. Nothing like free rezzes, anytime anywhere, with all of your stuff in your pack...

18. RichDC

RichDC Guest

Now that is awesome! I hope thats one thing they transfer over to the SA client!

19. Harlequin

Harlequin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I hope they add that KR map feature into SA too. I mentioned before in one of the threads, but I don't think the devs replied, guess we'll know when beta starts! *Hopes I get into beta* :D

Edit: In the interim, I've had issues not being able to locate my corpse quckly. So I use UOAM and drop a marker on the spot I die, this way I can locate my corpse quickly if I run off to a shrine or safe spot to get rezzed.

20. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Failing that a gem of salvation?

21. Back in 99, on Lake Superior, I left the first character with the Ophidians, I had somehow found my way thru the sewers and was totaly lost, found them and tried to run away but was killed, and rather then try and fine my way out as a ghost I made a new character all over to continue playing. Talk about being dum.

I had no clue I was in the lost lands and how to get back to Brit.

22. Well, the funny thing was, I was using KR, but the exit from Ice Dungeon that goes to the ice area, there were no healers and no shrines, I was running out of time to find the other exit(I usually don't die in there), so I was having a total panic attack...lol

23. I know, I have to go and start working on that again, I used to have full Sacrifice(however you term it) and could res whenever, I just have not wanted to run into Blood dungeon without having gotten my mojo back (so to speak) on lesser things.

24. HEH... maybe put in a request for the Developers to work on the Player AI? :D

25. LOL, you can't cure stupid, and you can't code for foolproof, because there is always a bigger fool...<-Me for example yesterday.

26. Alezi

Alezi Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

So, have you heard of this thing called 'insuring your items'?

27. Cear Dallben Dragon

Cear Dallben Dragon Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

shame, there is UO ingame chat but no one ever seems to be paying any attention to it. Very usefull for people in need

28. As a matter of fact I have...however I didn't want to lose the items that you can't insure...but thanks for your concern and insight.

And incidentally, I had 2 of my items become uninsured during my break, not sure how but they did...