1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Ok, Where do i go to get my item fixxed?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Myphsar, Dec 1, 2008.

1. Myphsar

Myphsar Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Hello,
    I bought a golden robe(year 2 reward) of a vendor earlier.I put it on and noticed it didnt have the 3% physical resist.I have had this problem in the past and a lovely GM even put a little RP into fixxing it *gets out sewing kit* etc,
    Anyway i page a GM to come fix it and an hour later i get a response that they (he/she) cant fix it :( .I page again hoping for another (better) GM and i get another silly reponse that it needs further investigation??
    The question is, where do i go to get this item fixxed?
    One day i get one fixxed, another day they can not?

2. phantus

phantus Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Unfortunately you have found, as the rest of us have, that GM's either don't care, don't know, or cannot do the things they used to do. If there was a place to take a poll among gamers it's quite likely that UO would have the worst GM's in the genre. It certainly seems that way.

You might try another page but it's unlikely you will find a different ending.

3. Lady Arwen

Lady Arwen Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah, I stopped paging for things long ago. No matter what you page for, how long you wait, you always get the same responce. Your pretty much on your own what it comes to that kinda stuff. :(

4. aarons6

aarons6 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

maybe keep it?
    they might be a rare item one day.

5. Sindris

Sindris Guest

Its a shame, but they really did have to nerf the GM's and what they are capable of. I think it really hit the fan a few years ago when a GM was creating gold by the millions and selling it on Ebay back before those sorts of transactions were banned. After that, GM's have been seriously limited in what they are capable of doing for customers. Not like back in the day when I killed a guy using a gate cheat to break into my house. I paged a GM to report the exploit (No such thing as lockdowns back then) and he took the guy to jail AND not only removed the negative notoriety I got for killing the guy, but boosted it two levels towards the positive.

I guess they weigh the potential for abuse as more critical than good customer service. Pity, but I can see their point of view even if it pisses me off from time to time.

6. Myphsar

Myphsar Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Its 'Rare'ish' atm as it has an 'a' before gold robe (A gold robe) but the 3 physical resist would be nice too tho, :/

7. deadite

deadite Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend It's My Birthday

Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

8. PM Joanne Mythic to ask if she can fix it for you.

Jeremy was able to fix similar issues for me without me even being logged in at the time. She just needed account/shard/character info, but don't pass that information on until you are sure that you are connected to the right person.

9. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Well I don't know what's going on at my place but NONE of my Dye tubs that are locked down and set to "anyone" function..... For some reason they ALL stopped working..... I even unlocked it and locked it back down thinking that would fix it but no.... I unlocked one put it in my pack changed the color and tried again...... NO..... I can change the color of the dye tub..... I can double click it and I get the target curser just fine but when I actually target a correct item NOTHING happens..... I put the item in my backpack (toplayer) I put the item in a secure chest..... NOTHING I use another dye tub works just fine.... So I don't know what's up but now I have 8 useless dye tubs.... Rather irritating.

10. Myphsar

Myphsar Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

3rd time lucky i guess, heh
    I paged a 3rd time and a GM fixxed it strait away. :)

11. laurlo

laurlo Guest

I'd say to write an e-mail and set the cloak aside.. that it wouldn't be fixed anytime soon probably - but sounds like you got lucky! Congrats!

12. phantus

phantus Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Typical... :coco: