1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Okay Question....

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Jirel of Joiry, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Jirel of Joiry

Jirel of Joiry Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Is it illegal to tame and release Unicorns, Kir-ins, and Cu Sidhes in front of my fel castle. I have a Red neighbor who PKs me and uses CHEATS to do it. Unfortunatly even with my skills and well made chars I can't even touch this guy. He has pked through the walls of my castle. My sis tried to take this guy on her tamer with a Greater Dragon, he somehow out ran the dragon and got it stuck between houses. I do not put them anywhere near his house. Just out front of my castle. Until the Devs give us booby traps I figure this the best I can do.

2. Cloak&Dagger

Cloak&Dagger Guest

As far as I know it is not illegal to do that in Fel, it is not a town, and it is not trammel... It should not be illegal to leave them anywhere in Fel except maybe towns? Not sure about towns.... But I am close to sure it is ok in the various other areas in fel.

3. Beer_Cayse

Beer_Cayse Guest

as I understand it, tactics like that would be illegal in the Tram ruleset, but I don't believe it is in Fel. Not sure on castle-based preservation tactics, tho.

4. Tinsil

Tinsil Guest

You're safe in Fel.

5. Omnius

Omnius Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Accusing your neighbor of cheating is bannable from these forums.

As for the accusations you made, they are not only baseless but don't even seem to indicate anything other than you being a bad pvper.

6. Lady_Calina

Lady_Calina Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

You're totally in the clear in Fel.

7. JoO

JoO Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I lol'd

8. Righteous

Righteous Guest

I can't say if its legal or not but I have used kirins in the past to protect my boat miner in fel from PK's. Kirins love to teleport. And they can teleport a long ways. I don't know if that has ever been fixed or not.

Righteous

9. Cloak&Dagger

Cloak&Dagger Guest

Me too but I thought it best to just answer her question and be done with it :p

10. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Well from what you have said you would be wasting your time releasing unicorns, kir-ins, and Cu Sidhes. Also you should note that not dieing to a greater dragon doesn't require cheats. Nor does getting a dragon stuck between houses require cheats. LOL

11. Bullet

Bullet Guest

Define these cheats! Your skills are what? Hmm the dragon, game mechanics? You once again seem a bit bitter at losing to another player. Big suprise there!

12. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

:DLOL

You should be okay, unless the rules have changed, you can even release em in front of his house and not yours...
    Heck, we had a guild tamer named Bruzer, used to randomly release dragons in our guild town, just to keep us on our toes :D

13. Nem

Nem Guest

LOL Move To TRAM Problem Solved!

14. Beastmaster

Beastmaster Guest

From EA customer support site:

Since Felucca is specifically omitted in the first sentence and ruled out in the fourth sentence, luring and releasing are acceptable tactics in Felucca.

Note: Tokuno is not mentioned in the first sentence either, but it is a Trammel ruleset facet which is covered by the fourth sentence.

15. Lord Cuda

Lord Cuda Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I'll log on and kill you with a tamer if you would like free of charge :D

16. Muu Bin

Muu Bin Guest

I think that Uhall is "A Retched Hive of Scum and Villiany" filled with Cheaters, greifers, dupers and generally not nice people. ~ Jirel of Joiry (July 5, 2009)

Thanks for coming back to visit us so soon!

17. Gidge

Gidge Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend BoE

You know. i needed a good dose of something.......and this was a perfect. *grins*

18. Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

The stairs of a private building will cause any pets to stop. They seem incapable of pathfinding around them, probably because they technically are a valid path in terms of terrain.

Not an exploit. Just how it works. Of course, a pet will stop dead if it loses track of it's target, until such time as it's ordered to attack again (though delayed damage spells (such as poison/explosion) can affect this).

Only a fully trained dragon is difficult to outrun while on foot. Against a mounted player, they don't have a hope of keeping pace.

19. Yet another crazy accusation filled thread from the one and only :loser:

20. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Not if she doesn't name names. ;)

21. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

This tactic has been used on Siege Perilous. Not really as a form of protection or griefing, but as a joke and an inconvenience to people. Ask Chad Sexington how many unicorns he used to have to dodge?

22. Cloak&Dagger

Cloak&Dagger Guest

This is a little off topic but, Wouldn't it be "grieving" if it was causing an inconvenience to people? lol, Considering it is Siege which has an all fel ruleset I know as far as the rules go it is not, just the way you said it made me think for a minute. :p