1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Okay, really now...

Discussion in 'UHall' started by altarego, Oct 29, 2009.

1. altarego

altarego Guest

So much for the sandbox...

I can barely recreate this Halloween script with the ninja template (no magery whatsoever). After 2 hours, I get one crystal, which is blue. I can't seem to get any other crystal (tried now 4 times). Yet I see tons of chinese and japanese characters (the actual writing, not an assumption) showing up at the hag's place over-and-over every 20 seconds. Coincidence, I think not...

I've completed the quest 4 times, yet I only have 1 blue crystal overall, not 4 blue crystals....how does this work?

Edit:

5 hours now and not a single red crystal. Bu I see plenty of asian players scripting.

2. Maximus Neximus

Maximus Neximus Lore Keeper
    Governor Stratics Veteran 4H

It's just getting a rhythm down and having good recall runes. I get around 11-13 crystals per run. Get a character with chiv or magery to do this. There is no script. You just need to think about it and be more efficient.

3. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

4. XLaCeDX

XLaCeDX Guest

Make sure you have runes to Brit Grave Yard for Moongrass, Grizelda the Hag for soul harvester pick up and drop off and the easier levels of some of the old dungeons, not sure if just the anti-virtue ones but Trammel ones.

I also like a rune to Moonglow graveyard.

Using a char who can gate works nicely also.

Get to the point in the quest you can obtain a soul harvester at Grizeldas then go go go to Brit graveyard and grab one moongrass then recall to Moonglow graveyard and kill everything in sight and use the moongrass on the corpses before you open them to get 4 essences or whatever they are called.

Once you have four essences to make the troll costume recall to the easy level of a dungeon combine the 4 into the one thing that turns you into a troll then walk quickly through the dungeon collecting the red sparklies.

Once the soul harvester is full gate or recall to Grizeldas double click harvester target alchemy table grab new empty harvester get back to the dungeon for more red sparklies.

I can usually fill 4 soul harvesters before my troll costume wears out.

That gets me 4 random crystals.

Try to use a dungeon with few other players in it whenever possible and ignore red sparklies trapped in inaccessible areas.

Don't stop to kill anything!

Once your troll costume wears out it's back to Brit graveyard grab some fresh moongrass and for me to Moonglow graveyard since it has lots more undeads to kill.

Energy vortex works great there.

Collect 4 more essences then back to the dungeon.

I finally collected 50 blue crystals to get the uber robe by healing an quest gypsy.

Hope no one comes along and snags the uber robe by dropping ONE of their crystals on the gypsy after I've used 49 of mine! I have a tracker there to watch whose lurking around just in case.

Other than the slow respawn of the gypsies and the ability of another player to steal your uber robe using their one blue crystal on top of your 49 I think it's a great quest.

It does make me wonder why we can't use reveal and detect hidden in Tram to see if anyone's hiding near a gypsy that needs curing.

Why can't we?

5. altarego

altarego Guest

I choose to roleplay with no magery, so I have no recall and no runebooks. I *have* asked players to assist me - in the spirit of community - but apparently no on on Napa speaks "engrish".

I don't mind running from dungeon to dungeon, but the time limit on the essences makes it *very* difficult. By the time I get there, I miss out on the essence sparkles about 1:2 times. When I do get enough sparkles, I rush back to the Hag and I turn in my soul essence for...nothing. I just have the same blue crystal in my backpack time and time again.

It frustrates me that I see frakkin' "pikachu" and "tseng" run past me, on the minute, over and over and over. And I stop and ask people for helpful hints; it's mostly asians on napa at this hour. I look online, but the uoguide was obviously written by someone who never bothered to visit another shard.

It's just frustrating that a non-mage character is being pushed out by farmers from across the ocean. Everyone is saying that this is a great holliday addition. And I agree, in terms of content. But it's just not possible now for the avg player.

6. altarego

altarego Guest

Why the hell should I need runes to compete with the asian farming clans? Just bad programming..

Why not make a valid text request automatically teleport you to the area you need to be? Why make it so than only mages and paladins can script this?

I don't have an issue with the quest. I have an issue with the timing and the results of the quest, which seem to be *nothing* after the first turn in.

7. altarego

altarego Guest

Okay, 7 different tries now and I still can't get any more crystals. They just don't appear in my pack after the first one. I did this on another character that actually has magery. I get one blue crystal, and now nothing...

Are the masks a limited time offer or something?

8. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

9. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

10. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

11. Mitzlplik_SP

Mitzlplik_SP Guest

Theres your problem.

12. Fink

Fink Guest

I guess it's considered a negative act in Trammel, being able to interrupt another player without consequence.

13. Fink

Fink Guest

You know, when you filter out the paragraphs of anti-asian sentiment in the middle, your first and last statements seem incongruous. The average player most likely has at least one mage, or a paladin, or a character with a runebook/scrolls/access to runes. Are all of your characters anti-magic? Assuming you'd have more than one as you're on a production shard.

14. Xenobia

Xenobia Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Somehow I get the feeling you don't like Asians. How unfortunate. Anyway, you cannot assume that someone will ALWAYS stop what they are doing to help you. That's what the good old Stratics Boards are for (for the information part of this) and as far as RPing it. Screw that. LoL If you want something in the game, then realize what you need and go get it. Plain and simple. If you can't so much as use a recall scroll, don't complain when others are passing you by because they can recall or gate. That's not scripting, that's smart :)

Edit...The Average Player Can Recall Or Gate Or Use Chiv

15. Harlequin

Harlequin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I understand your wish to roleplay a character with no magery. But is your ninja fine with using charged runebooks? If so, mayhaps I can suggest that you get a charged runebook to the hag and deceit or covetous. Moongrass spawns in both of these dungeons. Saves you lots of time since you don't need to make side trips to the cemetaries each time your moongrass times out.

Even if your character decides that runebooks are just as tainted with mystical energies as casting spells and decides to leg it to covetous, the soul harvestor should last long enough for at least the trip to and back.

So you see, the devs did actually think of players like you.

Before calling others scripters, it looks like the devs obviously also thought of scripters. From what I see, this quest is impossible to script. Or at least very inefficient.

Test using a mage (on TC if you don't have 1) and you will see how easy you can get 8 to 10 crystals each time you use an essense.

Different templates are suited for different tasks. And certain templates have it easiest in this quest. But from what you said, and from the character you chose to play, that's not what you are miffed about. You just want a chance to enjoy this too and actually get back to the hag before the darn thing expires.

So now you have it.