1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Okay, so what exactly is "cross-server trading"?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by elianydd, Sep 9, 2011.

1. elianydd

elianydd Guest

I mean, I get that it's apparently some way of moving items from one server to another, but is it something you can do between your OWN characters on different servers? Does it cost money, like a "character transfer" type thing, or what? I've seen it mentioned a number of times here, so I assume it's not "illegal". I'm just curious. Thanks.

2. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager
    Editor Reporter Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Editor Fallen Lords

Okay I'm on Origin, say I get a purple dye on your shard, and you have a char on origin you don't play...I give you the dye I have on your shard for the dye you have on my shard.

No transfer tokens needed, we do this with holiday items as well.

Most people have characters made on all shards just for this purpose.

3. elianydd

elianydd Guest

Ahhh, so no items actually move between servers. It's just that people log in to OTHER servers to generate more items for OTHER people, in exchange for the same thing in return...?

4. Kayne

Kayne Guest

Exactly Elianydd.

Though character transfers is the other way to x-shard trade. You move a character to a shard with some items to trade/sell and then buy other items you want to bring back before moving again.

5. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager
    Editor Reporter Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Editor Fallen Lords

Yep pretty much!

Like with the new dyes, since the color was random, if you want a particular color you can just say HEY im on Pacific and I am looking for hunter green, have chars on *such and such shards* am willing to trade.

It works really nicely and is very handy.

6. elianydd

elianydd Guest

Thanks, Larisa.

Oh okay, so it IS possible to change shards. But doesn't that cost money?!? (I have no idea; just assuming based on experiences from other games.)

7. Kayne

Kayne Guest

You can buy the token with real money although (i think) as the token is actually an in game item most people pick up the token for gold instead.

8. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager

Yes it does. You need a Transfer Token to move an entire character to another shard.

9. LordGenesis

LordGenesis Adventurer

I think we need an official sticked Cross Server Trade forum for these dyes lol I have 18 that ill never use on other shards

10. Tazar

Tazar Guest

We have an entire forum dedicated to it right here. There is even a sticky list (based on player recommendations) of trusted traders at the top.

11. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager

Well what do you know, a whole forum for trading? NO WAY!

:danceb::danceb: