1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Old event items is / was there ever any plan to have a turn-in / trade-in?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by imported_weins201, Mar 7, 2008.

1. I have seen a few post latley about old item turn-in / trade-in for old event items. Ophidian, Holoween, Rubble and any others I am missing. I do have some of these but an not as concerned about the turn-in / trade-in as some others are I would just like a simple answer to quiet them down?

2. Smokin

Smokin Guest

I wish they just turn blackrock traders back on and let them take items, as for rations and snake skins let the tokuno guys take 10 for an item from them. I just want it to be over with and not to wait for a promise that will never come.

3. Tom_Builder

Tom_Builder Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I agree, I dont have any of this stuff. But before stuff is added to the game, a plan should be in place to get rid of it. That or state before hand that it's just going to be more crap to be saved or tossed.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

I agree, I dont have any of this stuff. But before stuff is added to the game, a plan should be in place to get rid of it. That or state before hand that it's just going to be more crap to be saved or tossed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think at one time a plan was in place for all the stuff. Draconi said the items would be useful eventually, so people saved and hoarded the stuff by the chest load, me included. Somehow the story got lost, and I think the plans for turn in got lost too. So now we're stuck with tons of stuff we refuse to get rid of because as soon as I trash it all, there will be a turn in. [​IMG] That's always my luck.

I was running out of room for blackrock, so we blew up 90% of it just for fun, and then they came out with the blackrock traders. [​IMG]

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Yes please. Quiet me down with some info. Anything would be nice.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Shhhh. Simmer down pot stirrer. [​IMG]

7. Guest

Guest Guest

The only turn-in ever planned was for the blackrock. Any other turn-ins have only been asked for by players and at some time in the past a developer said it might happen for the Ophidian Invasion items. But since that invasion is long since past, the chances of it happening are unlikely.

8. Exactly, if nothing is ever going to happen someone in charge please have the decency to say so, please... [​IMG]

At least the truth will be known and then the trash cans fill. ha!

So, please, please someone tell us the truth? [​IMG] I am begging now, yep [​IMG]

While I am begging what was the true reason the high level ore and wood got so scarce? To mess with cheaters? Or was there some new fun thing coming with SA which will never come now? Hey I can ask... [​IMG]

9. AlanofCats

AlanofCats Guest

Trade ins for event items created over the years.

10. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Well I guess you gave up on holding your breath for an answer on the earler thread [​IMG] That's a good thing cuz I was gettin really worried bout ya.

11. Kylie Kinslayer

Agreed, in searching (yeah I was very bored) all I could find was this reference from July 2007 to any turn in.

"Destinova - *AnneNomilly* are we ever going to be able to turn in the Ophidian items or do anything with them? The books, snake skins, orders, etc.
    Draconi - Okay, okay. I tried to arrange something earlier with the military - but I got assassinated by Ophidians! I mean, I finally got a rez, but do you really want me to put my neck out again?
    Draconi - ... That's an overwhelming YES, apparently, in #ultima-online
    Draconi - Soooooo, Yes. Stay tuned, the military is very interested in what you've stored up against the dark days ahead."

Although I do remember another instance of this type of converstaion mentioning rubble from Magincia I was unable to find it. Maybe some other bored soul can do better.

12. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Shhhh. Simmer down pot stirrer. [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

Quieted.

*goes back to work*

13. Guest

Guest Guest

I don't think anyone is claiming they were promised a turn-in.
    I think folks are just requesting one.
    Please and Thank You.

14. Alvinho

Alvinho Great Lakes Forever!
    Stratics Veteran

there are still ophidians in teth keep and papua Great lakes Fel so technically the event is still running as whena monster is killed a new one respawns in it's place

15. Guest

Guest Guest

There was a post by Jeremy a few weeks ago when she was asked somethign along the lines on why there wasnt anything about them in the FoF:

"Because I don't have an answer - it's something we keep talking about, but I don't have an ETA. I know Draconi has plans for them, but until I can tell you something useful I'm not going to take up space in the FoF with a non-answer."

16. Kylie Kinslayer

Usually I agree with you Flutter but on this one I gotta disagree.

Especially when Draconi gave an "overwhelming YES" when asked if we would be able to turn in or do anything with the Ophid Items. Call me stupid but when someone says yes I tend to consider that a promise. I guess the devs could always say well he was never under oath nor did he swear/affirm it would happen.

OR, they could pull a Bill Clinton and debate what the word "do" means. After all, storing them and keeping the in our houses could be considered something to DO with them. [​IMG]

17. Guest

Guest Guest

When'd he say yes? I never saw that. Got a link?
    I didn't know he said an "overwhelming yes" ever!

18. Kylie Kinslayer

The link to that statement is in one of my posts up there *points up*

It is a good bit down in the chat and I have i quoted as well. But I will post it again just for you [​IMG] Draconi's words

19. Guest

Guest Guest

You misread,

Draconi said:
    do you really want me to put my neck out again?

Then he looked at us chatting in the channel #ultima-online and noticed that we were all saying yes... so he said that he guesses the answer to his question is yes. That is what he means by:
    Draconi - ... That's an overwhelming YES, apparently, in #ultima-online

20. Guest

Guest Guest

I think that some thought should go into ensuring that all new items that appear in the game have a potential sink (other than a trash barrel), such as a collection or such. Even if they don't go back to old event items, I think think it would be good to start thinking about it going forward.

I think the blackrock traders were massively overpowered as they were implemented, but I like the concept of having a rare (even unique) NPC sitting/hiding in some far corner of the land, accepting a single trade-in before teleporting away to some new random location in the world.

21. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

I think the blackrock traders were massively overpowered as they were implemented,

[/ QUOTE ]I disagree. I think they were fine, every reward they gave was consumable.

22. Guest

Guest Guest

I wasn't around then, Flutter.

What were the rewards? *curious*

23. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend

<font color="purple"> this thread prompted a memory, but when I went looking for the source article, from BNN, I could not find it ~~ also, it seems every item about the ophidian invasion was entered on the BNN archives page on June 21,2007, so I'm wondering if the archive is incomplete, or, more likely, my memory is

the article ended with an ophidian asking that whomever should find his journal, please see that it was returned to his family... so I'm wondering, cause I know that I did not, has anyone ever attempted to hand a journal to an ophidian?</font>

24. Kylie Kinslayer

Yeah, I was writing the response to your asking based on memory (senility kickin in I reckon). The last line of his:

"Draconi - Soooooo, Yes. Stay tuned, the military is very interested in what you've stored up against the dark days ahead."

is what most take for the answer to the original question posed to him regarding possible turn in for the ophid items. I am still occasionally looking for the additional reference to turning in the Magincia rubble but have yet to find it. I wanna say it was in a Friday 5 but may have well been in a HoC chat *shrugs*

25. Kylie Kinslayer

All the smithy hammers (including +60 ash &amp; val), Tokuno Minors, peerless ingreds, non-cursed Doom Artis. That was all I received anyway. Don't think anything else was given out during the BR turn in.

26. RTLFC

I gave up and threw all my ophidian crap away sometime last year.

27. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

RTLFC

I gave up and threw all my ophidian crap away sometime last year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Judging by the usefull 5 on 5, I say you did the right thing.

28. Guest

Guest Guest

Did this once not too long ago, so I'll post it again....

---
    Let me quote you from a little Five on Friday, from August 18, 2006.
    <blockquote><hr>

3. Will there be any use(s) for the items we are collecting now from the ophidian invasion like the green journals and the snake skins?
    Draconi: Definitely! Some may be more useful than others, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

To me, it's Mythic's way of saying "See, we're just as bad as EA.. you thought you'd get Improvements.. Mwahaha"

~Rai

-----

29. joblackjon

joblackjon Guest

I know how to force the Devs to release a turn-in for all that crapola.
    I'm absolutely 100% certain that if I throw out all my crapola, the Devs will release a decent turn-in the very next day.
    So y'all pay me 100 mil and I'll ditch my crapola!

30. Samaira

Samaira Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

<blockquote><hr>

<font color="purple">the article ended with an ophidian asking that whomever should find his journal, please see that it was returned to his family</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

*Joins the senility club*

I seem to remember that comment also...

31. Guest

Guest Guest

Its March!!!!!!!!! the last big event ended in November

Just give us something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!