1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Old maps

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by VorteXPete, Aug 2, 2010.

1. VorteXPete

VorteXPete Guest

So what happens to my box of old un decripted tmaps,will they get better loot or the same.Also can we still stone off carto after decripting the maps?

2. Hendric

Hendric Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I'm pretty sure the loot spawns when the chest spawns, so the loot will be up to date once the patch hits. I haven't heard anything about not being able to stone off cartography and then dig them up, so I wouldn't worry about it.

3. If I read the patch notes correctly, you have up until 30 days after the patch to your shard to do the old maps with the old loot. Then they become the "new" maps with the new loot.

EDIT
    I wasn't very clear... only maps that have already been read/decoded will have the old loot for 30 days. If you have maps that haven't been read/decoded they will be converted with the patch.

4. Hendric

Hendric Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I believe they mean 30 days for the maps to remain in the locations they are, i.e. the current static spawn points. At least, that's my interpretation.

"All maps that have been decoded before publish will be valid for only 30 days, after that period you will have to decode them again."

5. dlwiii

dlwiii Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I just for the publish, and decoded a level 6 map from a miasma chest I had.
    Spawn and loot were the same! 5000 gold, not the 5x6= 30,000 gold as advertised in the pub notes.
    Also, the treasure was buried exactly at a known t-map location, so I used a library and rune.

Do we need to use only newly-generated t-maps?

Something is missing.

6. Hendric

Hendric Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Ok, I figured it out. Here's the direct quote from the official UO website.

"Welcome to Publish 67!

We are pleased to announce the release of Publish 67 during normal maintenance hours tomorrow, August 5th, 2010. There are many excellent improvements and additions so be sure to check them out in-game and within the notes below!

In addition we have a few patch notes for this afternoons patch in support of the release of Publish 67.

Thanks and enjoy!"

So don't do any more of them until tomorrow!

Hendric

7. Shelleybean

Shelleybean Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Are you on Origin? I believe that's the only shard that currently has the publish.

8. Thunderz

Thunderz Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Did i miss something? I didnt think the patch had hit yet? they said something about a mini one today but the main patch will be at maitinance, unless your on origin or test then it is strange.

Thunderz

9. dlwiii

dlwiii Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Aha, so it's not really out yet. How odd. When I logged in just the Patch Notes say that Publish 67 is out. But maybe that's just on the client side.

So, until tomorrow!

10. John II SRC

John II SRC Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I decoded maps before the patch hit and tried them yesterday after the patching. The locations are the same, but the loot is indeed the new one. So you can still find your old locations and get the new stuff and monsters. The initial spawn can be quite mean now :rolleyes: