1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

old memories... lost to stratics switching boards..

Discussion in 'UHall' started by SixUnder, Oct 1, 2010.

1. SixUnder

SixUnder Legendary Assassin
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

A classic fight, when stratics switched there boards cause i had all these hosted as well as prolly 10k other photos over the years so i had to repost it. ignore it if you dont pvp. i have over 50 pics of the fight but i kind of narrowed them down. a friend of mine asked if i still had these. But for those that know me i have been taken pics of my kills and fighting for 13 yrs, hehe. took a bit to find them but this was a legendary fight.

we are the guild -H8-one night i found a guild TC out in full force on baja, this was years ago, and like 3 or 4 of us got shallacked.. at destard..

[​IMG]
    then the smacktalk...
    [​IMG]

but hey there is 2 dozen of them on lets pop a harry right? lookie what i found..
    [​IMG]

LET THE BODIES HIT THE FLOOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    At this point i had to switch characters cause we are gonna push a full fledge grinder with like 6 people, HAR!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

champ dead they all had to leave dungeon to get rezd so i got all the scrolls.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

In the end there was 8 of us. and i mean a TON of them....

[​IMG]

we found there harrower redlined... so lets finish him off!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

guild caption says there was 31 of them, but i dont know it was like the best fight of all time.

2. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Statics didn't simply "switch boards"

Stratics had a month-long outage due to a mistake leading to a partial reformatting of our host machine by a third-party hosting company, and fraud by the service supposedly backing up the site for a fee.

We lost a LOT; and much of it was important stuff, like dev posts that explained how whole systems worked (for example, how skills fit on bracelets - we had to reverse engineer that info prior to SA, through sorting through several hundred pieces of jewelry and making a spreadsheet of the order skills fell naturally on items). Many shards lost most of their event history, as it was documented in threads that vanished in data recovery.

That said, it sounded like one hell of a fight.

3. Saunders

Saunders Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Fascinating! But please reformat the screen stretching pictures. :)

4. Korik Bloodguard

Korik Bloodguard Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Oh man, there's not much better in UO than a good raid.